Konica IIIM journal

Two more images, from the same roll again.
I often carry the KIIIM with me when I'm walking in the streets,
and going down to the sea shore.

For the last hours of 2011, I wish you some happy moments with your friends and families.

6871341213_a474ec2fe8_z.jpg

Thank you pink army. Happy new year to all the RFF members. ;)

For some reason, I took lots of gear for Christmas holidays with my family, but all I used was the KIIIM.
I think until now I have got seashore shots on all the rolls I took with the KIIIM.
Anyway, here are five more from Brittany, France - the place I come from :

6871266805_b07027b9da_z.jpg

6874787595_2ff6947103_z.jpg

6874788221_09b8e3922d_z.jpg

6895490669_406a276d84_z.jpg

In 2012 and as long as I can, I'll be still using this old mechanical camera from 1959.
It will be loaded with this old film they used to call Kodak Tri-X. Do you remember ?

Ah, the EV interlock. I've used cameras with these before. It's a great system IF you have a light meter that reads out in EV. Many of the old ones do, and I think even the newer digital ones do as well, or can be set to. Once you know the EV number and set it on the lens, the shutter speeds/apertures are locked together so you can do the archaic equivalent of the "program shift"--change the f-stop/shutter speeds while maintaining the same exposure. 1/60 at f8, 1/30 at f/11, etc.

Oh, I like both of those shots above. Great textures on the bottom ones!

The EV interlock can easily be disconnected by a good service person, I use a IIIA with it disconnected, doing so also frees up the rings which makes the camera very fast and easy to use. I'd recommend having it done it to anyone using them.

Hello there, I found a Konica Auto S1.6 last month, it is a sort of KIIIM little brother. I have been using it a lot recently. Very good built quality, nice and clear viewfinder, Planar optics, accurate light meter... The IIIM is still my favorite one, with its 1:1 life-size viewfinder. And the body is smaller too.

#26 - Kodak Tri-X and Ilford Microphen

The EV interlock can easily be disconnected by a good service person, I use a IIIA with it disconnected, doing so also frees up the rings which makes the camera very fast and easy to use. I'd recommend having it done it to anyone using them.
Pull back on the black EV ring and turn it to set shutter speed alone; pull back on the camera-left serrated part of said ring to change aperture independently, using the other hand to turn the aperture ring (there's a tiny serrated section at the bottom).

The IIIA especially is a beauty and the 50mm f/1.8 is a great lens - but I'm pretty sure the shutter-speed/aperture assembly was designed after a very heavy liquid lunch.

Hello there, I found a Konica Auto S1.6 last month, it is a sort of KIIIM little brother. I have been using it a lot recently. Very good built quality, nice and clear viewfinder, Planar optics, accurate light meter...

I think, KAS1.6 is a brother of KAS2 with 45/1.8 lens. KAS series have nice lens and VF but construction and materials aren't on par with III series. DOF scale is sissy, too :)

Hello !
I'm back from Lourdes where I made 5 rolls with the KIIIM, 3 with the Rollei and 20 testing my ZM Sonnar.
Looking at my first 120 pictures, I see no big difference in terms of quality between the M6 + ZM Sonnar (€1.800 kit) and the KIIIM (€250 all-in-one camera). The KIIIM may be prone to flare where the ZM Sonnar is not. But I found the KIIIM viewfinder better (life size) and I used both cameras without checking a light meter constantly.

I'm developing and scanning this 'reportage' and it's a sort of faith book.

8237321529_0d49a951ee_z.jpg

#27 - Agfa APX100 and Ilford LC29

Shooting in the streets of Lourdes, I took several portraits. Most of them were unobtrusive but this one was asked with a smile, no word needed.

#28 - same roll

Yes, she was real. Yes, I took another portrait of her, closer.
Yes, she was fascinated by the KIIIM and so we had a love affair.

No kidding. :D

#30 - PanF 50 and LC29

Back