latest additions to your library

Just got Robert Adams's What We Bought: The New World in the mail from a recent sale at Yale University Press. It's good! Well-presented photographs, and I like studying Adams photos, they go several layers deep intellectually, while also covering the 70s, which I love.

Taylor Galloway - I Can Feel You Dreaming
Lee Friedlander - Framed
Bryan Schutmaat - County Road
Franco Fontana - Invisible
Stephen Shore - Selected Works 1973 - 1981

Taylor Galloway - I Can Feel You Dreaming
Lee Friedlander - Framed
Bryan Schutmaat - County Road
Franco Fontana - Invisible
Stephen Shore - Selected Works 1973 - 1981
I have American Surfaces and Uncommon Places by Stephen Shore... do you know if Selected Works has a lot of the same work? I'm always looking for more of his.

I have American Surfaces and Uncommon Places by Stephen Shore... do you know if Selected Works has a lot of the same work? I'm always looking for more of his.
Actually, I was surprised how many were not from those two books. I have those two plus, Transparencies, small camera works and Steel Town and there were many photos I had never seen in this book. Of course some will be familiar too. It is worth it IMO. I would look into Modern Instances if you are a Shore fan.

Actually, I was surprised how many were not from those two books. I have those two plus, Transparencies, small camera works and Steel Town and there were many photos I had never seen in this book. Of course some will be familiar too. It is worth it IMO. I would look into Modern Instances if you are a Shore fan.
Transparencies is the one I am really wanting to get.

I read Modern Instances without actually acquiring it for my collection. It was good, but didn't have enough of his work in a way that I want to come back to over time, like the collections do.

Transparencies is the one I am really wanting to get.

I read Modern Instances without actually acquiring it for my collection. It was good, but didn't have enough of his work in a way that I want to come back to over time, like the collections do.
Yeah, I'm not sure you need to buy Modern Instances... but it was a good read though no? I enjoyed it. I´ll likely read it again in the future.

No, I don't think there would be much of a market for bootlegs of a niche product like photo books. They weren't that much cheaper. Just cheaper than buying them in Europe or New Zealand where I live.
Yeah, publishers do not make a lot of money on photobooks in the first place and the audience is tiny. Not bootleg material.

Yeah, I'm not sure you need to buy Modern Instances... but it was a good read though no? I enjoyed it. I´ll likely read it again in the future.
Agreed! I appreciated the way the book was put together, the fabric hardcover is nice. I might repurchase used if it's at a decent price.

Agreed! I appreciated the way the book was put together, the fabric hardcover is nice. I might repurchase used if it's at a decent price.
Just a heads up... there will be an expanded edition in October:

Just a heads up... there will be an expanded edition in October:

Definitely on board!

I picked up a copy of Weston's Daybooks for a friend. And a Guy Bourdin retro from the Victoria and Albert Museum from 2003. I was looking at his books but they were all kinda pricey, then I found that one on Abe for only $11. Can't pass that up.

It is really a shame what has happened to the price of books these days. If you don't catch them right away, they are almost not worth buying. Then again I have a lot of books that are worth a multiple of what I paid for them.

Another library discard: Maurice Chevalier "My Paris" Photographs by Robert Doisneau Obviously it is an old book with just a bunch of black and white photos. Right.

I picked up a copy of Weston's Daybooks for a friend. And a Guy Bourdin retro from the Victoria and Albert Museum from 2003. I was looking at his books but they were all kinda pricey, then I found that one on Abe for only $11. Can't pass that up.

It is really a shame what has happened to the price of books these days. If you don't catch them right away, they are almost not worth buying. Then again I have a lot of books that are worth a multiple of what I paid for them.
Then again, it is nice to sell the ones you do not like as much for higher prices and put the money towards new releases that you do like.

Recent Buy/Score at Powell's book this week:

Bailey, David "Bailey's Democracy". Steidl; Illustrated edition (May 1, 2006) 160 pages .
ISBN: 3865211925

Koudelka, Joseph "IKONAR Archival Constellations". Photo Elysee. 1st edition 2022. 264n pages.
ISBN: 9783959056304

Back