Leica X (all models) - Post your photos!

What shoes does a gardener wear? 🤷🏼‍♂️These were my shoes on the final day I was finishing 6 months of landscaping and gardening work (by hand) in the rose garden. The next day these went to the landfill but with a bit of judicious use of Krazy Glue and duct tape, they made it to the final day just in time for our 50th Wedding Anniversary garden party in July 2021. 🙂

Worn out sneakers as Art? I hope not!😂

The X1
Garden Shoes at Day's End by Leica X1.jpeg

Dave

And now that Sunmer heat is becoming unbearable as is typical for late July… for me, it is time to think of better things, and plan for the coming season.😃

Leica X1:
Welcome at Front Door 2020 by X1.jpeg

It is time to dream. Don’t let this opportunity slip away. After all, dreams are a form of planning, right?😃

For example, as Ko Fe just posted (well done Ko Fe), why not just create beautiful landscapes, or anything you like, regardless of the camera you have with you? A Leica X1/X2 for landscapes! It is amazing in low light, as my earlier work in in the Blue Hour shows:
Sunrise at the Lake Leica X1 June 27, 2019.jpeg

How does it directly compare with a Medium Format camera? Same location, same time, same tripod setup:

Leica S (Typ. 006):
Vario 30-90mm:
Sunrise at the Dock June 27, 2019 FINAL.jpeg

So, dream I shall! David vs Goliath, right? And we have the Fall Season right around the corner!

My workhorse X1 has been in daily use for many things this year, including being my light meter for the battery-less cameras I shoot. 😂 Now it is time to prepare for the most colorful time of the year.

Hmm… I will start by reviewing the X1 images over the past 8 months…🤗

Dream! Yes, dream… now if only I can find…😂… Oops, I just realized I have dozens of nice images on the X1 to process, file, share, enjoy…

Many late nights ahead., though not too many. But it will be worth it!🙂

Last edited:
Last week, in the heat, terrible lighting, and not a fun time to be out shooting, we stopped by the old Mill. It needs work like a new coat of paint! It needs landscape work, starting with mowing the weeds and grass. But I shot a few frames with the X1.

The X1 magically made the Mill look better!🤷🏼‍♂️

Leica X1:
X1 Starrs Mill July 2023.jpeg

Waiting for your photos Dave! I should take out my X1 too one of the next days…
Slowly working through the backlog of family snaps. Now a few to share are coming up:

The ubiquitous breakfast table chicken while setting the table for morning coffee… hence the ruffled look 😂, I couldn’t be bothered to tend to details for a snapshot:
Chicken and Eggs by Leica X1 July 2023.jpeg

Garage wall decor:
Gulf Sign by Leica X1 2023.jpeg

X1’s (Great-Great?) Grandfather from 1962:
Leica M2 by Leica X1 2023.jpeg

I particularly like the colors of the X1….

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Back