let's see your EOS-M

Travel kit last fall

Travel kit last fall

IMG_4468 by randolph45, on Flickr

Joe
Shot most of my last trip with this kit minus the 22mm kit lens I got New Years day.The rest was Canon 30D/flash /1.4 and 2x extenders and travel tripod.I did buy a Rayqual FD To EOS- M adapter from Camera Quest but haven't used it yet.
Ordered a Olympus VF-1 viewfinder to match 22mm lens.I guess I miss not having that on a camera however the touchscreen is fine also.

is that the photodiox grip on your camera randy?
mine came with one and it looks like that one. it feels good when holding the camera but gets a bit uncomfy when walking around and shooting a bit.

is that the photodiox grip on your camera randy?
mine came with one and it looks like that one. it feels good when holding the camera but gets a bit uncomfy when walking around and shooting a bit.

Joe
Yes it's the same grip.
I also bought a cheap thumbs up, but it makes it hard to turn the camera on.

i have a plastic thumb thing (paid 2 bucks) that i tried on the m also...sorta works but i was starting to feel a bit claustraphobic with such a small body...do you use the grip all the time?

i have a plastic thumb thing (paid 2 bucks) that i tried on the m also...sorta works but i was starting to feel a bit claustraphobic with such a small body...do you use the grip all the time?

I just got the grip along with 2 extra batteries and another style oem battery charger that comes without the pig tail cord.I think I might try a wrist strap connected to tripod socket also.We will see which one wins out.
Pictures as it sits now.
IMG_4470 by randolph45, on Flickr

IMG_4471 by randolph45, on Flickr

IMG_4473 by randolph45, on Flickr

Do you guys know a good reference to get eos-m with 18-55 or 22mm kit in a good price? I live in nyc and always buy stuff from bnh, unfortunately they discontinued this camera. I know there's a lot in ebay for $300 (body+18-55 lens), but I'm just afraid that I'm ending up with the grey market product since I don't know which seller is reputable
Thank you in advance for the help.....

sure, why not :p

16373857796_bf58e42946_z.jpg

the wrist strap was one i had hanging around here forever...not sure where it came from...it's a bit too thin for my liking.
i saw one today, online, where a guy made a nice wrist strap from the canon oem neck strap...i would need to have a shoe repair person sew it for me to do one myself...but it's a good looking strap.

Do you guys know a good reference to get eos-m with 18-55 or 22mm kit in a good price? I live in nyc and always buy stuff from bnh, unfortunately they discontinued this camera. I know there's a lot in ebay for $300 (body+18-55 lens), but I'm just afraid that I'm ending up with the grey market product since I don't know which seller is reputable
Thank you in advance for the help.....

hmmm, doesn't look like any of the reputable places have it any more, which makes sense since it's an older model that has already been superseded. i actually bought mine from 6th avenue through amazon, and it's been fine. although i couldn't tell you whether it's grey market or US product. they are still selling on amazon. i've also have had good experiences with davis max on amazon who are also selling it on amazon, though again it's not clear if it's a US model. good luck.

bought mine

bought mine

Mine is either new gray market or refurbished new white box, no registration card,if it breaks its on me.body was only 215$ sooo for that doh not a problem.
almost 4K shots taken so far with no problems.

Last edited:
Back