let's see your EOS-M

Joe Here It is
My fat finger has some difficulty hitting the on/off button.
I may try some heat to change the shape.
I set the LCD for 30 sec and the camera off at 1 min to conserve battery, but that timing might change yet.
I did buy 2 extra battery's.

IMG_4481 by randolph45, on Flickr

IMG_4478 by randolph45, on Flickr

IMG_4482 by randolph45, on Flickr

i think mine angles in on the on/off button similar to yours...i have to angle my finger to hit the button but it's not a big deal or anything...try looking for the plastic ones on eBay...for 2 bucks not much to lose.

btw, with that wrist strap i got i took the grip off and it's still pretty comfy to hold.

Joe, can you turn the rear screen off? And if so, will it remain off when you turn the camera off and then back on again. I prefer using an optical finder when on the street; the turned on screen uses up serious battery time and attracts attention.

Joe, can you turn the rear screen off? And if so, will it remain off when you turn the camera off and then back on again. I prefer using an optical finder when on the street; the turned on screen uses up serious battery time and attracts attention.

i don't think so, not that i have found anyway.
it can be dimmed pretty low though...

Under power saving the LCD can only be set between 15 or 30 sec and 1/3/5/10 and 30 min.
Camera auto off 0 or 30 sec and 1/3/5/10 min or Disable.

The camera will when turned on lights the lcd every time.
Setting the lcd for 15 sec and the camera auto off to disable will leave the camera on .
You can also set the review to off /2/4/8 sec or hold.
Hope this clarifies the ?

Thanks, Randolph. In other words… no. Pretty consistent with most other compact cameras. I've come up with a work-around for my Nikon 1 V3. With its EVF attached, there's a switch that cycles between "eye sensor on", EVF only, and LCD only. But when you turn the camera off and then on again, it always defaults to "eye sensor on", which means the LCD lights up when the camera is turned on. So I put a small piece of gaffer's tape over the eye sensor. Now when I turn the camera on, there's a very short time, maybe a half second when the LCD lights up, but then immediately turns off due to the tape job. Good enough for now. :)

After reading about this camera on RFF I decided to try one. I'm glad I did! This is way better for me than a Sony a5000 that I bought on sale a while back. When we get better weather for some shooting I'll post more. The touchscreen seems to make focusing easier with the dedicated lenses.

Edit; Will show photo if I can figure out how

Here is my EOS M in today's delivery of snow; can't seem to get the photo bigger (site won't take the link from my website ?).

Edit: Finally worked out how to post a bigger image;
16843427761_90627b774e_c.jpg

Attachments

• EOSM.jpg
    EOSM.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 0
Kevin, may I know what's the reason you said that it's much better than a5000....? Mine just arrived at home, can't wait to go home tonight after work and try it on. The reason is because I've tried my friend's a5000 and it's not a slouch either.

I was hoping the 16-50 zoom that came with the a5000 would be better than I found it. My sample had soft corners, and even the edges were soft at small (!) apertures. Research confirmed it's in the design. For what I want to do (stock; landscapes mostly) overall sharpness is needed often. The build quality and touch screen on the EOS M were pluses. My vision is declining, so being able to touch the area I want in focus and have the camera fire 2 or 10 seconds later is way cool.

My M with tilt-shift converted Nikkor 17-35mm 2.8 and custom tripod collar. The collar was supposed to be a prototype but I never got around to making a "real" one that looks nicer. Works great though! I have the 22mm f/2 as well for my walkabout lens, but probably 90% of my tripod shots are with the 17-35. Having movements is invaluable for my style and the M + Nikkor makes for a fantastic "digital viewcamera"!

IELDLby.jpg

These are still £199 (new) in the UK. Am very tempted, looking at the images on this and the other threads, and reading the mostly positive comments.

Seems to be 'the little engine that could...'

I read someone say that the battery is only good for 100 shots - is that the experience of 'real users?'

Best regards,
RoyM

I read someone say that the battery is only good for 100 shots - is that the experience of 'real users?'

Best regards,
RoyM

Mine came from a German supplier with two 3rd party batteries so I keep the second one charged and in the bag. I probably take five shots per day on average - take pic, turn camera off, put it back in the bag. I only swap batteries every 5 or 6 weeks so no complaints from me!

Interesting thread (I'm a little outta touch). I've been eyeballing this body to replace my T3 for video stuff. I never use the viewfinder in the T3 anyways. I love the video quality of my T3, but this would save lots of bulk in my bag!

These are still £199 (new) in the UK. Am very tempted, looking at the images on this and the other threads, and reading the mostly positive comments.

Best regards,
RoyM

i haven't taken 100 shots in one session in ages and if i do it's usually with 2 cameras...so, no help to you, sorry.

Best regards,
RoyM

Must be more than that, my M battery lasts almost half day or more on vacation.Camera was set for lcd off after 30 Sec and main off at one min.

Back