let's see your EOS-M

10943673_593216510822400_4965594796958869077_o.jpg

winter has returned...

10604543_593582814119103_4119411654796301961_o.jpg

found a nice new (cheap) wrist strap yesterday...added a small carabiner i had and i now have a wrist strap that can hang from my belt loop when needed!

promaster strap

promaster strap

10604543_593582814119103_4119411654796301961_o.jpg

found a nice new (cheap) wrist strap yesterday...added a small carabiner i had and i now have a wrist strap that can hang from my belt loop when needed!

Joe thanks for the grunt work:)
I just called Mikes camera here and they are holding one for me 8$.
Good work.

thumbs up

thumbs up

on the strap?

did you notice my $2. plastic thumb thing?

Joe
Yes I did.
Yours angles away from the on off button better them mine I think.
When I get home tonight I will put it on the thread for comparison. Mine was 5 $
And aluminum with set screw and shoe pad protector.

Yes the strap was 8.67 with tax.

Last edited:
I like the simplicity of your backs. Straight to the point. The front side with your photograph speaks for itself.

Thank you for the input regarding where to get this eos m folks. So I just took the bite and bought myself the m, lens, and thumbs up from ebay. Should be here end of this week or early next week. Can't wait to hold it in hands, give it a run, and becoming a happy "m" family like you guys. I know I won't be disappointed with the result because I had t4i before and always satisfied with the outcome.

I bought the black metal one for $7 one. shipped from china. My idea is just to have a better grip, I heard some people complain that this camera is little bit slippery and hard to hold because of the size and structure.
I also want to ask you a question...Does the strap holder on this camera require a special strap mounting unlike a regular hook?
I got the body + 18-55 kit, also 22mm. But I'm more of the 50mm guy, which lens do you recommend that will cover that focal length, while still able to do acceptable autofocus....

i had a $2. plastic one that i am using...so far so good.
the strap lug is different but the clasp can be taken off the oem canon strap and used on many other straps. look at the pics of the wrist strap i put on mine...also works with my lance neck straps.
i only have the 22 which is my favourite fov...rumour has it canon might be releasing a 50 with the new m3...

Ic, let see what can I do with the strap when I got it... My initial thought when I see there's no viewfinder on eos m is to put external vf. But this will be occupied by the tumbs up :( I should try to find a cheap knock off version of double cold shoe mount.

What I mean about the focal length is 50mm on FF camera. So in this case I will need something like 35mm because of crop factor. Maybe I'll just go with 40mm pancake like you mentioned in other post.

what thumb thing did you buy?
and btw...congrats!

Joe Here It is
My fat finger has some difficulty hitting the on/off button.
I may try some heat to change the shape.
I set the LCD for 30 sec and the camera off at 1 min to conserve battery, but that timing might change yet.
I did buy 2 extra battery's.

IMG_4481 by randolph45, on Flickr

IMG_4478 by randolph45, on Flickr

IMG_4482 by randolph45, on Flickr

Back