Let's see your Leica M

My first M-mount converted SMC 50/1.4 taken through my second one, at min. focus, on Rollei Retro 100, Rodinal 1:100. See also here: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113676

Scan-120715-0007b-XL.jpg

I love the way this lens renders.

Seriously inspiring Roland - thanks for posting!
How does it balance compared to a known M lens (most glass way in the front, as of the SLR design)?

Thanks, Dirk. Feels very sturdy but not too big. Bigger than my v2 Summilux, smaller than the Noctilux that I once played with. Hope this helps,

Roland.

Really, really interesting stuff Roland!

How is the aperture handled?
Is this SLR lens without auto aperture, hence you can use the original aperture control and apertures are set directly with the ring or did you have to do something about the stop down mechanism?

Really, really interesting stuff Roland!

How is the aperture handled?
Is this SLR lens without auto aperture, hence you can use the original aperture control and apertures are set directly with the ring or did you have to do something about the stop down mechanism?

Hi Dirk: the original lens has auto aperture, but the auto control is removed as part of the modification. Now the aperture just follows what you set on the ring.

Roland.

hi dirk,
keep in mind, that both aperture and distance ring of pentax lenses operate in the opposite direction compared to leica.
cheers,
s.

That Cron looks absolutely delightful. I've been toying with the idea of getting one because the asph I have is (wonderful but) sometimes slightly large.

Joined the club

Joined the club

Already own a Zeiss Ikon ZM, Bessa R3m and was considering an M9 but banned myself from anymore digital purchases till post-Photokina.

Decided to pickup an M6 in the interim. Found this beauty in the old camera stores at Champagne Court, TST, Hong Kong.

7613301240_ffb2b026da_z.jpg

Back