My first images with a Leica M10

these photos by raid show i think correct color tones from M10. I recently noticed Adobe ACR handles my M10 colors better now (than months ago), both with passport raw profiles, and Adobe Standard to start, and on my Macbook, and later in prints. Those water color tones look correct and real to my eyes. Reds with orange/scarlet render better am seeing on ACR now, or 'Gypsy Red' for 50's Chevy BelAir fans, as examples and they don't shift too-red like before. And the rusty red on the boat above, and a touch brighter rusty-red-orange dock rope running along the walk boards, appreciate seeing these photos.

APO-CV-50Test5--50-X3.jpg

Love the colours here. The reflections of the clouds in the water, the reflection of the peer are very good and realistic. And there is some poetry in your photos...strong sun is not always necessary to enjoy a place :)

And about Tuscany...maybe one day...

The light in Italy is special. I could feel the beauty around us then. I bet that almost any lens would give excellent images there.

I agree. During my first trip to Italy (Venice, Florence, Tuscany), I noticed this. Paris too... Magical, almost, really...

Love the colours here. The reflections of the clouds in the water, the reflection of the peer are very good and realistic. And there is some poetry in your photos...strong sun is not always necessary to enjoy a place :)

And about Tuscany...maybe one day...

Thank you Robert. It may look the same way to others, but I see beauty in simple things around me. I like the subtle water ripples and monotonous colors. We get cappuccinos from a drive through coffee shop, and then this place is located close by. I park so that our cars faces the water. It is relaxing.

The APO captures existing colors accurately. I have taken so many photos with this lens now.

Thank you Dave. It was all about colors this time at Joe Patti's. The birds were sleeping in the shade.

The 50/2 CV APO could be "the perfect 50mm lens" for me. Focusing is a snap, and the resulting images look great. For a while we had bad weather here, and the color images looked as if this lens was giving bad colors. This is not true. With sunny weather now, the colors look like Kodachrome.

I took some photos yesterday with the M10 and CV 50 APO.

link: https://raid.smugmug.com/LeicaM10CV50APO/

APO-CV-50-Test9--X3.jpg

APO-CV-50-Test9--6-X3.jpg

APO-CV-50-Test9--7-X3.jpg

APO-CV-50-Test9--12-X3.jpg

APO-CV-50-Test9--18-X3.jpg

APO-CV-50-Test9--19-X3.jpg

I was able to quickly refocus ti catch this pelican in flight.

APO-CV-50-Test9--24-X3.jpg

APO-CV-50-Test9--25-X3.jpg

APO-CV-50-Test9--30-X3.jpg

Back