My first images with a Leica M10

I continued using my Minolta Rokkor 28mm 2.8 with the M10.

link: https://raid.smugmug.com/Leica-M10-Rokkor-28mm-2021/

M10-Rokkor-28mm-test2--17%2B-X3.jpg

M10-Rokkor-28mm-test2--18%2B-X3.jpg

M10-Rokkor-28mm-test2--21%2B-X3.jpg

M10-Rokkor-28mm-test2--56%2B-X3.jpg

M10-Rokkor-28mm-test2--47%2B-X3.jpg

M10-Rokkor-28mm-test2--59-X3.jpg

M10-Rokkor-28mm-test2--7%2B-X3.jpg

I carried in a small camera bag the M9 and M10, but such images required me to quickly re-focus and shoot image after image quickly. The M10 allows me such photography. The CV 50/2 APO snaps so well into focus that I can re-focus as the pelicans flew by.

It was parked outside some lawyer's office in downtown, Rob. It is not Dana's car or mine!

Dubai 'old town'
attachment.php
My first day with the 10R and my 28 Elmarit

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• M10R0096.jpg
    M10R0096.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 0
  • M10R0010.jpg
    M10R0010.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 0
  • M10R0012.jpg
    M10R0012.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 0
Unsure if mono or colour is nicer

Attachments

• M10R0063.jpg
    M10R0063.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 0
  • M10R0072.jpg
    M10R0072.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 0
  • M10R0072 1.jpg
    M10R0072 1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 0
I love noirish mono and saturated colour...
I used CaptureOne

And I will sort out my pics!

Attachments

• M10R0076.jpg
    M10R0076.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 0
  • M10R0083.jpg
    M10R0083.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
  • M10R0086.jpg
    M10R0086.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 0
Interesting voyage of discovery through your lenses with the M10, Raid. How are you liking the body and the files it produces?

It's been a while since I did much with my Leica gear, or any gear other than a Polaroid and the iPhone... I've been distracted by other things for a bit. But today I have a bunch of Polaroid prints to capture, and really should process both rolls of 120 and one roll of Minox film that are sitting, waiting..

Now the Big Question: will I do the print scanning with the CL or the Hasselblad? And would anyone ever be able to tell the difference? LOL!

G

Interesting voyage of discovery through your lenses with the M10, Raid. How are you liking the body and the files it produces?

It's been a while since I did much with my Leica gear, or any gear other than a Polaroid and the iPhone... I've been distracted by other things for a bit. But today I have a bunch of Polaroid prints to capture, and really should process both rolls of 120 and one roll of Minox film that are sitting, waiting..

Now the Big Question: will I do the print scanning with the CL or the Hasselblad? And would anyone ever be able to tell the difference? LOL!

G

Hi Godfrey,

I like using the M10. The M8 gets now barely used, and the M9 is with me only symbolically. The M10 (not the M10R) is perfect for my photography needs. I don't need or want very large image files. I feel that lenses affect more the resulting images than the different digital cameras that I use.

I also need to use my Polaroid film. COVID-19 pandemic killed many plans, as you know. Things are not as much fun or exciting as they used to be.

Hi Godfrey,

I like using the M10. The M8 gets now barely used, and the M9 is with me only symbolically. The M10 (not the M10R) is perfect for my photography needs. I don't need or want very large image files. I feel that lenses affect more the resulting images than the different digital cameras that I use.

I also need to use my Polaroid film. COVID-19 pandemic killed many plans, as you know. Things are not as much fun or exciting as they used to be.

Yes, the Lost Year of 2020 changed a lot of things. It's time to start recovering our world, carefully, and adopt what we learned over the course of this miserable time to better our selves, our friends, and make a better future for others, especially the young. The fun and the excitement will follow from us not giving in to despair, to accepting hope, and by working hard as always to do our best for all. My photography must continue, must reflect what I feel, and I refuse to feel hopeless and lost!!

The M10 strikes me much as the CL does: just right, excellent capability, a tool that begs use. A great handy camera. I'm pretty much done in this class of camera with the CL, although I'd never say that I'll never consider another M.

Most of what I've been shooting in the past couple of months, aside from the iPhone, has been Polaroid. I pulled out the Hasselblad 907x, fitted the adapter and my Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm lens this morning, and scanned 81 Polaroid prints made over about four months time. It is a marvelous tool for this purpose, and for many other things, due to the huge dynamic range and its versatility with lenses and accessories. It's a good walking shooter too, when I'm willing to carry a bit more weight and gear, but not "handy" like a Leica CL or M. I tend to plan sessions when I am going to use it much more so than with the Leicas.

All good stuff. Keep working, keep your eyes up and hope in your heart, and the world will come back to you.

G

Yes, the Lost Year of 2020 changed a lot of things. It's time to start recovering our world, carefully, and adopt what we learned over the course of this miserable time to better our selves, our friends, and make a better future for others, especially the young. The fun and the excitement will follow from us not giving in to despair, to accepting hope, and by working hard as always to do our best for all. My photography must continue, must reflect what I feel, and I refuse to feel hopeless and lost!!

The M10 strikes me much as the CL does: just right, excellent capability, a tool that begs use. A great handy camera. I'm pretty much done in this class of camera with the CL, although I'd never say that I'll never consider another M.

Most of what I've been shooting in the past couple of months, aside from the iPhone, has been Polaroid. I pulled out the Hasselblad 907x, fitted the adapter and my Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm lens this morning, and scanned 81 Polaroid prints made over about four months time. It is a marvelous tool for this purpose, and for many other things, due to the huge dynamic range and its versatility with lenses and accessories. It's a good walking shooter too, when I'm willing to carry a bit more weight and gear, but not "handy" like a Leica CL or M. I tend to plan sessions when I am going to use it much more so than with the Leicas.

All good stuff. Keep working, keep your eyes up and hope in your heart, and the world will come back to you.

G
Wise words Godfrey, thanks.

G

As Robert has said above, your words are wise, Godfrey.
The world will come back to us eventually. I stay busy with doing some research, and I check out RFF each day too. I keep looking for opportunities to take photos locally. I post few images at RFF (or anywhere else), and I am somehow just keeping the images to myself.
The cameras and lenses that I enjoy using are like therapy for me. They keep me a happy dude. My wife recognized early in our marriage that photography was very important to me, and not only does she deals with my photography, she actually encourages me to take photos and she accompanies me on short drives to [again] take photos of birds, say.

Life is simple. I see it this way.

Back