New to Me Minolta Autocord

What a smooth low contrast retro image the 75mm Rokkor F3.5 delivers. I love looking through it! The original Autocord screen seems to be very user friendly. Shot three test frames carefully today. This is going to be fun :)

I've shot about a roll and a half so far and really enjoying things. Will post soon, as I have time.

Also ordered V2 Export Griptac and Match Technical Mini Soft Release from above link.

Not so sure about the Tom A soft release working.
The "no name" soft release that I mentioned above turns out to be a Tom A soft release.

Although it is listed as 10mm on my camera it comes in contact with the shutter speed dial at the fastest speed maybe it has something to do with the knurled that the Match Technical ones don't have?

One of the great features of this camera, is that you see the ENTIRE focusing screen, when the loupe magnifier is flipped in.

Nice looking Autocord.

A photo of the RFF soft release:

It doesn't touch the SS lever knob. Neither does the BIP soft release.

Minolta Automat MX Seiko Griptac Set by Nokton48, on Flickr

Arrived today (quick shipping) Black Cameraleather Griptac for Minolta Autocord V2.

Now neatly installed on my new Autocord. Griptac is a great choice. Love it!

Lenshood arrived (all the way from India!)

Bee Mini Soft Release should be here tomorrow

All of this helps in handling the camera, from my short but direct experience.

Highly recommend Karl.
He does great work, he is fast and his prices are fair. He also has a nice solution for broken focus arms.

Autocord Hood 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Snagged this Autocord lens hood for $25 including original case. Came with petrified scotch tape around the outside, which will clean up OK.

Recommend this hood, stays where it should, and allows use of all my filters, including my Spiratone B30 ones.

Back