New to Me Minolta Autocord

I have one of those plates from Dan..works great!

Minolta Autocord Baseplate 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Minolta Autocord Baseplate 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Minolta Autocord Baseplate 3 by Nokton48, on Flickr

I was unhappy with the way my Autocord could swing when attached tightly to a tripod. Very annoying.

Dan Daniels machined from very heavy plastic this custom baseplate for the Autocords. This one has an Arca mounting plate machined, but he added two 3/8" holes which he threaded. I put my Manfrotto Hex Plates on this and it is now solid as a rock. Recommended!

Dan, how much does Dan Daniels get for those baseplates-and does he make them for Yashicamats?

He had me set the price, I gave him $35. I'm sure he will work with you to get what you want for YashicaMat. He told me most TLRs have this similar issue. BTW he suggested I tighten three interior screws and the circular slide went away. But still to another level with the baseplate. As it is with Rolleis and their baseplates.

I don't understand what you mean by your Autocord "swinging" when affixed to a tripod. Mine has always felt solid when affixed to my Bogen/Manfrotto tripod, and even acceptably solid when using a Paradjuster (Minolta parallax correction device).

Is this a problem specific to certain Autocords? (Mine is a late-model CdS-III,)

- Murray

Minolta Autocord Baseplate 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Minolta Autocord Baseplate 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Minolta Autocord Baseplate 3 by Nokton48, on Flickr

I was unhappy with the way my Autocord could swing when attached tightly to a tripod. Very annoying.

Dan Daniels machined from very heavy plastic this custom baseplate for the Autocords. This one has an Arca mounting plate machined, but he added two 3/8" holes which he threaded. I put my Manfrotto Hex Plates on this and it is now solid as a rock. Recommended!

I don't understand what you mean by your Autocord "swinging" when affixed to a tripod. Mine has always felt solid when affixed to my Bogen/Manfrotto tripod, and even acceptably solid when using a Paradjuster (Minolta parallax correction device). Is this a problem specific to certain Autocords? (Mine is a late-model CdS-III,)- Murray

I have an earlier Autocord with no meter (prefer it that way) and having the plate supports the camera from the corner contact points quite effectively. Much more solid than the circular silver plate that the tripod screws into. I had an issue with the circular plate not being tightly fit causing some circular movement when the camera was on my Manfrotto. I sorted the problem by tightening three set screw on the bottom of the camera body, from the inside.

I still like the extra support with this earlier camera and overall I'm happy with the plate.

I just got my Autocord out to look at the bottom of it, then looked at yours in the photos. I see that both have the little feet at the back and the "axle" at the front.

Between the circular attachment point and these additional stabilizing points, front and rear, mine seats very firmly onto my tripod head. What might make a difference is that my tripod head has a large enough surface area that all of these points nest firmly upon it.

- Murray

Love the custom baseplate. I, too, noticed that the tripod attachment isn't very stable as it just attaches to the back door. I think I'll make something like that from sheet metal at some point, needs to be thin enough that an arca swiss plate will just attach through it, but stiff enough...

Between the circular attachment point and these additional stabilizing points, front and rear, mine seats very firmly onto my tripod head. What might make a difference is that my tripod head has a large enough surface area that all of these points nest firmly upon it.

My problem wasn't the firmness of the connection, but the fact TLR doors are kinda flimsy and I bent mine carrying the camera around on the tripod. This adapter solved that.

Minolta Autocord Bacharach Bracket 283 Photoflex Inflatable 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Minolta Autocord Bacharach Bracket 283 Photoflex Inflatable 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Minolta Autocord Bacharach Bracket 283 Photoflex Inflatable 3 by Nokton48, on Flickr

A lightweight extremely well balanced and ergonomic flash on camera Minolta Autocord setup. Similar to what I used with Mamiya C's and Hasselblad for bulletproof photography. I love with TLRs that you can see the flash going off while you are viewing. For a second you can see what you got! No need for chimping

The Bacharach (precursor to the Stroboframe) works really really well with the Autocord and the Hasselblad Stovepipe Viewfinder. When you absolutely have to get the shot without fuss this is the rig to take. Weighs practically nothing

Kodak XX 120 D23 1:1 Minolta Autocord TLR by Nokton48, on Flickr

First rolls freshly developed Eastman Double-X XX 120 in Minolta Autocord twin lens reflex 6x6. D23 1:1 JOBO Multitank 5 (six roll capacity) Unicolor Uniroller. 12 minutes at 68F. Beefy looking negatives as I am used to with 35mm XX. These will all be easy to print with the usually XX qualities but in the superior larger format. Bravo to the Creator of this! More coming I like this film :)

Per Jason Schneider, the Minolta autocord 75mmf3.5 is the best Tessar copy. excellent images quality. I still have Al Kaplan's Autocord I restorated many years ago.

I have an Autocord. Works great and focus screen much better than my Rollei 2.8E Never had a problem with attachment to a tripod. So far.

Back