Nikkor LTM Nikkor HC 50mm F2... Wow, I am impressed

Nikkor M39 screw mount lenses
Beautiful images with a great lens. The rendering of the Nikkor-HC 5cm f2 is very close to the wartime CZJ 5cm F2 Sonnar "T", very different from the F1.4 lens. They are all good, the mechanics of the optical fixtures changed during the run. I was very lucky to have the correct front group for Alex's 1950 lens. Sometime early in the run of the Rigid lenses, the design was changed.

Lovely work Tim, I prefer these to the planar shots of the same models. (just my opinion of course)

Here's the winner from my last roll:
5334214373_326da35d58_z.jpg

note to self: stop shooting indoors in winter with ISO200 film

I like the surface texture this lens gives me - not an especially noteworthy image, but an example of what I'm talking about.

Nikkor 50/2 Tokyo LTM, f5.6
p357139941-6.jpg

Wow, this is an old thread. Nothing wrong with keeping it going, I guess. I have since bought a Summitar as a replacement for the Nikkor and sold the Nikkor. There was something that seemed a tad too clinical in my eyes about the Nikkor (especially for a lot of the portraits that I do). However, here's some of my favorites from this lens. I can post more examples as well, if folks would like.

5365765366_57908c5997_z.jpg

5365764602_d073430cf5_z.jpg

5355287657_6dea56dfdd_z.jpg

I've never thought of the Nikkor-H 5cm f2 as too clinical. The contrast is higher than the contemporary Leica lenses, gives the impression of being sharper.

I just picked up a 5cm f2 Tanar- looks like a copy of the Nikkor, but in Black Paint.

waiting for the M9 to try out both, side-by-side.

I've never thought of the Nikkor-H 5cm f2 as too clinical. The contrast is higher than the contemporary Leica lenses, gives the impression of being sharper.

That could be what I was seeing, Brian. When I got the Summitar, I ran a roll of portraits; half were shot with the Nikkor and half with the Summitar. I don't know what it was, but I liked the Summitar better.

Of course, to the average person, they would probably never notice the difference. But, like most photographers, I'm an OCD tinkerer that never stops obsessing about the "look" of my photos.

I've been trying to chase down the specs for the 50/2, namely the weight for the LTM. Any idea or links?

TY sirs

This lens is heavier than it looks! Really chunky piece of solid metal, very nice to hold. I keep thinking how great it would be to use this on a mirrorless camera like NEX or m43 due to the closer minimum focusing distance.

BTW, my copy is modified by our very own lens master Roland and it can focus down to 0.7m (goes little more than that after disengaging with the cam), it is spot on at 0.7mm on digital M. ;)

My Nikkor H 50/2 looks definitely sharper than v3 cron at infinity, can't speak much about closer distances with my scanner, but it seems to have more pleasant bokeh too. Gem of a lens.

I used my recently cleaned Nikkor 50/2 on the E-P2 yesterday. I am (again) impressed by this lens. Youxin did a good job.

U3565I1359261880.SEQ.0.jpg

I got one with an M5 outfit a couple weeks ago. It's a nifty little lens, but I'm finding myself using the Summarit that was also part of the deal more often for some reason.

Helen, Bliss street looks lovely. This is Walnut Street, but only one over from Pleasant. We don't ever get quite to Bliss here in W.Va. Well maybe at New Vrindaban :)

Walnut Street, on Flickr

M4-2, Nikkor HC 5 cm, TMY.

Back