Nikkor LTM Nikkor HC 50mm F2... Wow, I am impressed

Nikkor M39 screw mount lenses
Yes Wonderful Character indeed.lovely shots 'furbs'

this lens has Great Qualities...sharpness, retro appeal, character... big bang for the buck :D

nice images.

how is this lens compared to the nikkor 5cm f1.4 (tokyo or japan) when it comes to sharpness, focus shifting and vignetting ?

i think bokeh is a personal thing

Ha, Double Trouble, my favorite tag team! :D

Haha...Sweet Johan, a trecherous Duo !

nice images.
how is this lens compared to the nikkor 5cm f1.4 (tokyo or japan) when it comes to sharpness, focus shifting and vignetting ?
i think bokeh is a personal thing

I cannot speak for the 50 1.4 , have not had the chance to try it
However 'ferider' Roland has taken some exquisite photos with that lens
Probably Best to hear his thoughts ... ;)

Great photos, Helen. Development came out nice, too.

I cannot speak for the 50 1.4 , have not had the chance to try it However 'ferider' Roland has taken some exquisite photos with that lens Probably Best to hear his thoughts ... ;)

I have two 50/1.4 lenses and one 50/2. Honestly, the two 50/1.4 are more different from each other than the 50/2 from the "better" 50/1.4, f2 and above. Not sure if that helps :)

Roland.

Great photos, Helen. Development came out nice, too.

I have two 50/1.4 lenses and one 50/2. Honestly, the two 50/1.4 are more different from each other than the 50/2 from the "better" 50/1.4, f2 and above. Not sure if that helps :)

Roland.

haha Roland, how funny is that....
two of the same so Different, & the 'Other' so alike

Thanks much...I really love Tmax 400 (pushed to 800), yummy good !

Yes Indeed! Keep mine paired with a 1:3.5mm f= 2.8cm on a Bessa R . this is my current "walk around "kit. I enjoy that my various Ltm lenses are all compatible with my Canon/Bessa R camera bodies. I lucked out with the 50/2 Nikkor da-bay went cheep as the picture revealed a bad fog on the rear element. but like they say "Ya pays ya money ,ya takes ya chances". This time I won big! Keep a protective filter and an old Canon lens cap while not in use. Be nice to have the bk.metal cap like the wide but they always want too muck cash, oh well. will try to post some images using them soon.

Just developed a roll I shot with my Nikkor HC 50/2 and I'm impressed with it all over again. Here's a low light shot of Ara Gular, a famous Turkish photographer, wide open on HP5 EI 400.

10687362325_dac3e35b82_b.jpg

My Nikkor 50 2.0 was attached to my Waltz Envoy in the 1960 era. All my college pics were made with it. Then the camera quit and the lens went with it.

I now have on in F mount.

Just developed a roll I shot with my Nikkor HC 50/2 and I'm impressed with it all over again. Here's a low light shot of Ara Gular, a famous Turkish photographer, wide open on HP5 EI 400.

10687362325_dac3e35b82_b.jpg

What a Wonderful Portrait ...Stellar !

Which version?

Which version?

Anyone know which version of the lens (Tokyo vs. Japan) alexnotalex is shooting with? Tried contacting him, without success. The 5cm/1.4s differ in the quality of their bokeh depending on whether they were made during the occupation or after, so I wonder if the same is true about the 5cm/2. Whatever alexnotalex is using seems very well behaved in the bokeh department.

Back