Nobody there

I like the photos. I've had a long running personal photo project trying to illustrate the emptiness of places once occupied by people now gone that I have known, but have failed miserably at doing so. You've succeeded very well.
Thanks. Where can we see yours? Get them in front of us! Projects are important and usually (though it has to be said not always) worth seeing. Often they need captions as well. Fine, no problem: Secret Life of Chairs again. The pictures are much weaker without.

Cheers,

R.

I know some people object to my linking to articles on my site(s) but hey, they're free, and who seriously expects me to post 2000 words and 10 pictures in one post on this forum? Who would read it? What are YOUR pictures of "people who aren't there"?.
Here we go again. Why don't you post your photography articles here on RFF and provide a link to RFF on your site? Or give up your dedicated forum here.

Please. You're being ridiculous. Links and linkbacks happen all the time. I didn't even know it's a commercial site and preferred to read the text along with the photos. The notion that this costs anything is just silly. If anything, posting a link to these pictures saved server space. Whatever costs associated with RFF would be the same with/without said link, which was in no way positioned as an ad.

Dear Nick,

Largely because rogerandfrances.eu ISN'T commercial.

There's a (free) short story on the .eu site which deals to some extent with how we pay for the internet: The New Gold Standard. If you've not read it before, you might find it interesting.

Cheers,

R.

Here we go again. Why don't you post your photography articles here on RFF and provide a link to RFF on your site? Or give up your dedicated forum here.

Here we go again: whinge and whine. What have either you or Stephen lost from my post? He gets some people who might otherwise not come here: not many, but some. What do you personally contribute?

And how many come here to read long articles?

Cheers,

R.

Back to flogging your non-photography stories on RFF.

Rejoice in your misery. I care more about Stephen's opinion than yours.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, I was sharing that article for free. How is this "flogging"? And how is it NOT about photography? There are probably more people who can relate to it than care about platinum and palladium printing.

Cheers,

R.

Stephen, are we going to have to put up with this on RFF? It's your call. An official response is warranted. If this is what you want for this site, and will affirmatively say so, then I will drop my objection.

Thanks for posting, Roger! I enjoyed your photos and your comments on them. I've had your site bookmarked for a while, but I appreciate notices about updates.

I am not internet or computer savvy and maybe that is why I don't understand why it is a problem for Mr Hicks to post his articles and pictures on RFF.
They are interesting, they are related to photography and for a novice like me they are a good source of information/inspiration. I can only see it as a good thing.

Stephen, are we going to have to put up with this on RFF? It's your call. An official response is warranted. If this is what you want for this site, and will affirmatively say so, then I will drop my objection.

Exactly. If Stephen thinks I take more than I give, I'll leave the site.

Cheers,

R.

I am not internet or computer savvy and maybe that is why I don't understand why it is a problem for Mr Hicks to post his articles and pictures on RFF.
They are interesting, they are related to photography and for a novice like me they are a good source of information/inspiration. I can only see it as a good thing.
Dear Pan.

Thanks. As I say (a) it's to encourage people and (b) it's free. As long as people enjoy free information (and fairly reliable information at that) then the internet is doing its job. If some people decide voluntarily to pay for some of the information, then maybe there's a future for the internet other than as a means of data capture for advertising and possibly political manipulation as well.

You might enjoy the short story The New Gold Standard on the .eu site, which is about nanopayments as a possible future for the internet. Remember too what Bertrand Russell said: "Most people would rather die than think. Many do."

There is after all more to photography (and indeed life) than which cameras, lenses and materials you use.

Cheers,

R.

Strange, I was trolled here recenttly just by those who feels they need to troll this day to feel better. It looks like Roger in same situation today.

First, RFF is not articles site, it is forum.
Second, article in OP link is very much photography related.
It has many photos related to each other.

Cheers for Roger! He talks more about photography than Bill Pierce is, IMO.
PS. Cheers for Bill as well :)

Yes you are right Roger, you are always right. I should have kept my boredom to myself.

Cheers,

Vytas
Dear Vytas,

Well, if not always, then at least quite often. But what DO you find interesting? Why not try to contribute something positive? Or, if negative, then at least explain why you feel the need to be negative.

Cheers,

R.

Thanks Rodger.

There are, I'm sure, quite a few people like myself who will take a minute and pop over to a linked site to see what you have to say, and unless as you say Stephen says something I really hope you ignore the negative comments.

Joe

Thank you, Roger.

I enjoyed the article, it brought a smile to my face after a not so great week. Thoroughly enjoyed your website, too: bookmarked!

Thanks Rodger.

There are, I'm sure, quite a few people like myself who will take a minute and pop over to a linked site to see what you have to say, and unless as you say Stephen says something I really hope you ignore the negative comments.

Joe

Thanks Joe. After all, there's always the "back" button.

Cheers,

R.

Back