NOT cameras or lenses

Oh yeah, do I need to explain the 'why' regarding the hot, leggy assistant?

A refresher, with pics, sure couldn't hurt. :D

I've found a dorky hat is a great photography companion. Anything that looks vaguely Australian seems to do the trick. ;)

Another very photo-sympathetic item from the fishing catalogue is this jacket that I picked up last week--

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,59273_Redington-Bow-River-Jacket-Waterproof-For-Men.html

I've worn it in the rain the last couple of days, and it is very well sealed against water. The upper front pockets are good for 35mm or MF rollfilm. The larger front zippered pockets each can hold a 35mm rangefinder with a modest sized lens or 6x6 folder (I usually carry a Voigtlander Perkeo II just for walking around) or a notebook. There is also an inside zippered pocket for a notebook. The two back pockets that are really reachable without taking off the jacket are big enough for a 4x5" Grafmatic filmholder each or two or three regular holders or a trout, and the bottom front flap pockets are each big enough for a small to medium sized lens on a Linhof board or a light meter.

If you are on the Sierra Trading Post mailing list, you get discount offers daily it seems, and I was able to get this jacket last week for about $95.

camera bags.. I use a Filson shoulder bag with two dome closure external pockets and side pocket. The bag is brown canvas the strap real leather w brass rivets and attachments. It's unpadded.

I have used ziplocks for camera cases and film for a long time. So I merely put a "shop cloth" at the bottom of the bag and load up the cameras. It'll take a Fuji BL G690 or two TLR's or a couple of RF's + 2-3 lenses. The outer pockets hold 135 on the left , 120 on the right. The side and rear open pockets hold batteries, doodads and print outs plus notebooks.. not a moleskine because I shop at the "dollar store"

I've never had a let down from this bag ever. After 4 years of industrial shooting and hauling up to 4 - 5Kg of equipment it's stitching is still intact, the strap is still fine and the hardware is aged but performing like the first day.

But.. it needs to be cleaned ;- )

Back