Pet Peeves

I am a lawyer and you would be stunned by how often I see this error in professional and legal writing. And I'm not referring just to emails—I see misplaced apostrophes in documents filed in court all the time.
So am I, and I see it as well in documents where the writer really should know better. (When I see this sort of error in a resume I pretty much write the person off. Harsh, I know -- but as they say, you only get one chance to make a good first impression.)

Zeiss bumps or Weltini welts :ROFLMAO:

Former RFF Member @Huss cracks me up :ROFLMAO::
View attachment 4831422
Must be some kind of Weltrekord. Sorry for the bilingual pun.

Another one of my Pet Peeves:

For sale items that are positioned/posed/placed on rocks, bricks, cement, and other rough surfaces. Why?

I shake my head and to be honest, I get turned off and won't even consider the item - even though it may have been carefully placed on the rough surface to avoid scratches.

A thing that annoys me is when a seller on ebay has a lens placed upright but with the back of the lens resting on wood or whatever and yet they have the rear lens cap next to the lens! Are they damaging that lens, the glass, any bits that stick out of the back of the lens?

Not really a peeve, more of a personal joke, for me are those websites that show cameras being reviewed sprayed down with water droplets. Like the bathing beauties in the old girlie magazines for men who never really get wet, only sprinkled with "stunt water" for the photo. Or maybe a priest just baptized the camera to make it holy. I chuckle when I see this.

Taking a shot with M9, in which I only go up to 640 ISO, or worse Monochrom where I might use 1600, 3200 or even 5000 and only later realizing that I would have had a much nicer and cleaner shot if I’d returned to base ISO which for that shot would have been easily doable. And then worse again: realizing immediately. The near complete or near whiteout on the screen if I’ve chosen manual settings won’t always allow me the second chance to make the correct exposure. Happens less lately, but it still happens.

People in front of cars and buildings. it might be Adobe that has a one touch remove person buttton from in front of cars and buildings. With an extensive AI database of online photographs, including many of just that car or building It should now be possible.

Taking a shot with M9, in which I only go up to 640 ISO, or worse Monochrom where I might use 1600, 3200 or even 5000 and only later realizing that I would have had a much nicer and cleaner shot if I’d returned to base ISO which for that shot would have been easily doable. And then worse again: realizing immediately. The near complete or near whiteout on the screen if I’ve chosen manual settings won’t always allow me the second chance to make the correct exposure. Happens less lately, but it still happens.

People in front of cars and buildings. it might be Adobe that has a one touch remove person buttton from in front of cars and buildings. With an extensive AI database of online photographs, including many of just that car or building It should now be possible.
And auto ISO can fix the first problem, but you need new cameras to get ut . . .

You to eh .
Happens to me more and more recently .
I always shot on manual but over the last few years I thought I`d let the camera do some of the thinking.
No such thing as a free lunch ... as they say.

Back