pics of your zeiss ikon...

Same here Black Zeiss and Ultron 28 and Zhou half case:

6675260429_f5e9a80cef.jpg

Traded in my Mamiya 7 for the Ikon, despite my attempt to avoid all GAS this year! As atonement, I'm going to sell my fixed lens rangefinders too.

ikon.jpg

One more, with the Hexar looking on. I have a Griptac kit coming from Morgan at Cameraleather for both of them. The Hexar and Ikon both use an absolutely horrible leatherette that rubs smooth immediately. How can they sell a $1600 camera with leatherette that won't last longer than a week under heavy use?

attachment.php

hello all, this is my baby. the only camera i use,
maybe the only i will ever use from now on aswell ...

Attachments

• P1011300.JPG
    P1011300.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 0
I got my Zeiss Ikon ZM 2 days ago used and managet to brake it in to peases. Thank God I like to fix things so I fixed it and working better than ever. :) Don't have the lens for it yet but I thing I will go with 50mm planar or 35mm Biogon 2.8.

Attachments

• DSC_4234.jpg
    DSC_4234.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 0
I got my Zeiss Ikon ZM 2 days ago used and managet to brake it in to peases. Thank God I like to fix things so I fixed it and working better than ever. :) Don't have the lens for it yet but I thing I will go with 50mm planar or 35mm Biogon 2.8.
How does one break their camera so quickly, I usually wait a week or two.:)

I didn't had a manual and wanted to change the ISO and then the spring pops and in the train... Thank god i found all peaces. This is my first time I really brake something like this. :D But now its working!

Zeiss Ikon Limited Edition

Zeiss Ikon Limited Edition

It's too bad that this guy spends his time on a shelf....

Attachments

• DSC03146 copy.jpg
    DSC03146 copy.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC03147.jpg
    DSC03147.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 0
Added a side grip for mine. I really like the looks without any accessories mounted, but the grip together with a strap on the same side allows for a more relaxed carrying around.

zeissIkon-sideGrip&strap.jpg

The strap is a DIY thing. I bought a softened leather dog leash and cut a suitable length that I twisted half around. It's sewn into a loop using very durable string - the joint is hidden under the "bandage" of course. Not very hard to do if you're a bit handy.

Also, the Ikon in the proper context:

darkroomFriends.jpg

What I like the most about this camera is the viewfinder and the size. The viewfinder is absolutely perfect. I doubt it could be done better. Since I shoot mostly 50 mm, I wouldn't mind a 1:1 option, but I guess I don't really need a viewfinder then. The size of the camera is also perfect - I usually carry mine lens and body apart, one in each pocket on my jacket (caps on). It's thin, maybe not a lot thinner than an M, but it feels so. And the AE does the numbers for you, so you can just enjoy the sound of a very exact shutter ;)

Me like. Me keep.

Zeiss Ikon by J. Camacho, on Flickr

My ZI with a collapsible hexar lens. I´m looking for a new 50mm for this camera, it surely deserves more than this. It´s not I don´t like the hexar but I need more image quality, I´m thinking about the ZM Planar. Cheers

Back