Polaroid Thread

Ah man that sucks, but it makes sense with the way the film is now a days.

Funny story. The week after I bought mine Fuji decided to cancel the film. :bang: I paid high market price. A little over $500 and mine didn't even have a cover.

It was kind of heart breaking. Ive wanted the camera for about 4 years and never bought it. All that time I could of been shooting it for next to nothing. I think it was about a dollar a photo ($10-$12 per pack) when fuji was making it. Kinda kicking myself for procrastinating.

The crazy thing is, its still a better deal and easily better quality than shooting anything impossible project has. Even at the current pricing of fp100c ($20 a pack).

I wonder if fuji really did cancel it yet. There seems to be plenty of stock everywhere with fp100c.

I agree, it still has great value especially compared to Impossible Project films. Even if $2 a shot quickly adds up ;). I just got worried the camera would end up as a rather expensive shelf piece so I got rid of it before it got completely worthless.

I'll cry while I cheer if Fujifilm will continue to manufacture peel apart film.

Keep rockin that Polariod, mate!

I agree, it still has great value especially compared to Impossible Project films. Even if $2 a shot quickly adds up ;). I just got worried the camera would end up as a rather expensive shelf piece so I got rid of it before it got completely worthless.

I'll cry while I cheer if Fujifilm will continue to manufacture peel apart film.

Keep rockin that Polariod, mate!

I figure, c41 (lets say portra 400) cost about $8.00 for a roll. It cost me about $25 develop and medium size scans (richard photo lab). Not counting having to drive or ship the film in. Plus waiting a week to get it back. Thats about $1.00 a photo.

I dont mind paying $2 to be able to have the photo right away, plus an awesome 1 off print of it. Still seems like a decent deal. Impossible project not so much. Ive had several full packs where all the chemicals leaked and all the photos were bad, and thats $3 a photo. Although I do appreciate that they are doing it and Im sure they will get better with it as time goes.

I figure, c41 (lets say portra 400) cost about $8.00 for a roll. It cost me about $25 develop and medium size scans (richard photo lab). Not counting having to drive or ship the film in. Plus waiting a week to get it back. Thats about $1.00 a photo.

I dont mind paying $2 to be able to have the photo right away, plus an awesome 1 off print of it. Still seems like a decent deal. Impossible project not so much. Ive had several full packs where all the chemicals leaked and all the photos were bad, and thats $3 a photo. Although I do appreciate that they are doing it and Im sure they will get better with it as time goes.

I totally get the equation. If you develop and scan at home (automatic dedicated film scanner) it gets harder to justify the cost. But people witnessing the peel apart action is priceless. I always gave my prints away and scanned the negative. There's nothing like peel apart film. You got me looking at looking at prices now dammit.

I totally get the equation. If you develop and scan at home (automatic dedicated film scanner) it gets harder to justify the cost. But people witnessing the peel apart action is priceless. I always gave my prints away and scanned the negative. There's nothing like peel apart film. You got me looking at looking at prices now dammit.

Yeah, thats the path I'm on now. Working on doing all my own film, bw, c41 and e6. Just picked up a Jobo CPP2. Also working on getting a scanner. Looking at either a Nortisu LS600 or Frontier SP3000. The lab prices are just too crazy. I took in 18 rolls about a month ago and it was $400. I bought the Jobo for $600. The Noritsu is around $900 and the Frontier is around $1800. For all the film Ive taken to the lab I could of bought all that stuff twice for the amount Ive spent on film in just the last 2 years.

I just looked on eBay and theres a 195 for $325 starting bid. Guessing with the way the market is, no one will probably bid on it. B&H has fp100c for $20 right now even though their business practices are far from good. They are crazy racist and treat their workers like crap. I just bought a 5 pack off amazon and it came out to being $23.

12383576_868231006607514_699916852_n.jpg

SLR600 - Impossible B+W (2.0)

Love this one

Yeah, thats the path I'm on now. Working on doing all my own film, bw, c41 and e6. Just picked up a Jobo CPP2. Also working on getting a scanner. Looking at either a Nortisu LS600 or Frontier SP3000. The lab prices are just too crazy. I took in 18 rolls about a month ago and it was $400. I bought the Jobo for $600. The Noritsu is around $900 and the Frontier is around $1800. For all the film Ive taken to the lab I could of bought all that stuff twice for the amount Ive spent on film in just the last 2 years.

I just looked on eBay and theres a 195 for $325 starting bid. Guessing with the way the market is, no one will probably bid on it. B&H has fp100c for $20 right now even though their business practices are far from good. They are crazy racist and treat their workers like crap. I just bought a 5 pack off amazon and it came out to being $23.

Another scanner to consider would be the Pakon f135. A bit fiddly to set up but it's got nice Kodak colours and feeding it full length rolls is a dream. Although in the end of the day I'd pick the SP3000 over the Pakon.

Side note, I just bought myself a nice Polaroid 180 and 40 packs of Fp100c. A local store here in Sweden apparently decided that $15 a pop was reasonable.

Properly taken and properly processed photos are beautiful!
Operator errors can give splendid unimaginable results too, great!

Love instant photography...Pola, Impossible, Fuji...

robert

I have a 4x5 Shen Hao, which I have not yet been able to use so far
I have a question for Donovan or some other expert willing to help.
If I buy a Polaroid 405 back it has to be loaded with Fuji FP 100c45 film?
Correct?
Is it compatible also with FP 100c film?
I see that B&H has no FP 100c45 film.
Is it because it is discontinued?
Regards
Paul

Both FP-100C and FP-100C45 are discontinued, though the smaller film was discontinued only recently and retailers are still selling remaining stock.

The 405 uses the smaller film (FP-100C).

Another scanner to consider would be the Pakon f135. A bit fiddly to set up but it's got nice Kodak colours and feeding it full length rolls is a dream. Although in the end of the day I'd pick the SP3000 over the Pakon.

Side note, I just bought myself a nice Polaroid 180 and 40 packs of Fp100c. A local store here in Sweden apparently decided that $15 a pop was reasonable.

Just got the Noritsu LS 600. Not sure if I like it just yet. Its pretty good but it highlights grain heavily. They didn't have the sp3000 or I would of went for it. Still might trade up for it. I think mine might be having some issues with temp control. Its under warranty though.

Thats awesome about the 180. Awesome deal on the 100c. Do they have any left at that price? If so PM me, Im willing to buy more, haha.

Thank you so much Oren!
Too bad. When I bought the Shen Hao, since I am new to LF, my idea was to practice and have fun with polaroids.
So I have to hurry up and buy the back and a stock of film!
Paul

Just got the Noritsu LS 600. Not sure if I like it just yet. Its pretty good but it highlights grain heavily. They didn't have the sp3000 or I would of went for it. Still might trade up for it. I think mine might be having some issues with temp control. Its under warranty though.

Thats awesome about the 180. Awesome deal on the 100c. Do they have any left at that price? If so PM me, Im willing to buy more, haha.

I'm getting the SP3000 eventually, but I'm good for now.
And about the FP100C, I bought their entire stock unfortunately.

20161031_200726.jpg

Back