Polaroid Thread

tumblr_n81zelClEB1qh1w8lo1_1280.jpg

Nice shot! I have wanted to shoot silk too. Not sure I'll get the chance..

If I didn't buy it all up I was going to say go to amazon. A UK seller had it for $22, with a 2017 expiration date. Not sure how this is possible since (if I recall correctly) they stopped making it awhile ago. Same with 3000b, I just bought a bunch with late 2017 expiration date. I get the feeling they are still making it in small runs.

If I didn't buy it all up I was going to say go to amazon. A UK seller had it for $22, with a 2017 expiration date. Not sure how this is possible since (if I recall correctly) they stopped making it awhile ago. Same with 3000b, I just bought a bunch with late 2017 expiration date. I get the feeling they are still making it in small runs.

Not sure how long they last from the production date but there are 2018 batches out there as well.
s-l1600.jpg

Not sure how long they last from the production date but there are 2018 batches out there as well.

I have a feeling they haven't stopped yet. They stopped making 3000b in 2014 (I believe). At least thats the expiration I have on the ones I bought when it was cancelled. I bought some the other day and it had a 08/2017 expiration.

As soon as I bought mine Ive always put it in the fridge right away (never put it in a temp that would freeze it) until I use it. All the photos I have been posting from pack film are from 2014. Both 100c / 3000b and they aren't any different from the 2018 date.

I have a friend that bought a case of the 3000b when it was cancelled like I did (2014 ex date) and he never put it in the fridge. He said he stored it in a cool dark place and said that his are looking kinda faded. I would strongly suggest putting them all in the fridge. You want to protect your investment. Pretty soon its gonna be all gone.

Does anyone have a pack of real polaroid pack film that they know would work and would want to sell for a fair price? Ive never shot a real pack of polaroid (on pack film) and I would like to before its gone forever. Ive had really bad luck getting it off eBay. Ive spent over $200 and every pack has been bad.

I think as you say, if stored properly, they will look just fine even if expired. Since I won't rush using this stuff just for funs, they're all where they should be. Sorry for the lack of beer in the picture.

20161111_021105.jpg

I think as you say, if stored properly, they will look just fine even if expired. Since I won't rush using this stuff just for funs, they're all where they should be. Sorry for the lack of beer in the picture.

I would guess to say from my experience you should be good for at least 2-3 years with no changes to the film after expiration.

I have a feeling they haven't stopped yet........

They stopped production some time ago. The tooling has been disassembled and the factory is being used for something else. What you’re buying now has been sitting in storage for the past several months.

Jim B.

Polaroid 195 / FP100C / Epson V600

dina (polaroid) by 2wenty, on Flickr

Amazing shot. Can I ask how you shoot multiple exposures on the 195? I find the 100C already needs the exposure to be nailed and then you have to worry about post-development shifts as well. Can't imagine being able to get double and triple exposures without lots of practice -- wasted film that I can no longer afford!!

Amazing shot. Can I ask how you shoot multiple exposures on the 195? I find the 100C already needs the exposure to be nailed and then you have to worry about post-development shifts as well. Can't imagine being able to get double and triple exposures without lots of practice -- wasted film that I can no longer afford!!

I got it on the first try. Its not too hard, although Im fairly decent at knowing the exposure in my head. You can shoot as many exposures as you want just recock the shutter (you probably already know that though). There isn't really any post fixing it either. The actually photos looks better than the scan.

This is a great thread! Would love to see more pictures, please.

I recently started shooting some more "serious" instant after years with Instax Mini.

Recently I bought the I-1 camera and a nice SX-70, two exiting cameras.

Back