Polaroid Thread

Here's another fan of the Impossible Yellow Duotone.

med_U73354I1591906711.SEQ.0.jpg

I also loved the blue one.

med_U73354I1591906712.SEQ.1.jpg

I'm recovering from shoulder surgery so barely able to lift a camera to my eye right now, and it's ill-advised as yet anyway. So I'm poking through my print and image file archives for interesting photos to post that I've not gotten to ...

A few weeks ago on a walk through the neighborhood, I became interested in the micro-graffiti at the traffic signals and other sign posts. This was the first:

Excess
Polaroid SLR670x by MiNT + Polaroid 600 BW film

While I have a couple more, I think I'll pursue this idea further when I can more easily carry a camera again. It seems that this level of graffiti is very fluid and the same signpost or signal indicator gets wiped clean and re-adorned on a regular basis ... :)

enjoy, G

First I wish you a full recovery, possibly a quick one.

Love the idea of micro graffiti...maybe I should look around ...

robert

First I wish you a full recovery, possibly a quick one.

Love the idea of micro graffiti...maybe I should look around ...

robert

Thank you, Robert!
Tendons take a while to heal: I popped the bicep proxima tendon in my right arm, and damaged its connection at the rotator cuff as well. The doc estimates that I can start range of motion PT about the end of July (and at the same time, I can get back on the bicycle! :)). ROM PT runs about two-three months, strength building then runs another two-three months.

I should probably be able to handle most of my lighter equipment for walking and hand-held work by the end of August or so. In the meanwhile, I have been working with the Hasselblad and other kit around the house and with a tripod, doing all the lifting etc with my left arm, and shooting with the iPhone when out on walks. It's what we do for art... ;)

The micro graffiti project is fun: It makes you look at all kinds of stuff that you usually just pass by without seeing. It also gives me pause to think about the people who do it ... When do they practice their art? How much time do they have to any individual piece? Etc etc.

G

A friend of mine had the same operation and with some patience he recovered well.
Two years ago I broke my right shoulder and ... I know how it is when you cannot use your right arm!!! I tried to learn to draw with my left arm! And very few photos taken, like in your case all with a tripod. This is a Polaroid from that time.

med_U3692I1595000457.SEQ.0.jpg

There are always lovely new photographs to see in this thread. Thank you all for posting them!

I have a couple of new prints to scan today. Flipping over from the digital cameras to the Polaroid always opens my eyes... I carried the SLR670x and shot a pack each day the last three days I went for extended walks. It's been so blastingly hot out this past week (and I'm recovering from a hernia repair now in addition to my shoulder...!) that I haven't gotten any camera out at all for several days. I should load up a Minox ... LOL!

G

Very cool, ray!

Guess what showed up in the mail today? ...

50245390098_2d6e229bf4_o.jpg

“Eighteen Exposures to Eternity"

Fresh, new Polaroid-compatible pack film from SuperSense: 18 photographs and a camera to use them in. Each pack has ONE shot in it.

I've been waiting a long time to see this. :)

G

Back