Oregon Portland RFF Meeting

I forgot to mention, that while walking from Kell's to Pioneer Square, I pointed my SLR with flash, and made a snap of a homeless guy on his bicycle, towing his shopping cart of goodies. I didn't even raise the camera to my eye. The guy went ballistic! He demanded (screaming the entire time) that I give him money, or all of my film. When I said, "no way in hell" that that was going to happen, he then wanted to borrow the cell phone to call the cops and make a citizens arrest. I then told him to have a nice evening, and we proceeded to walk away. He then got off his bike, and began to approach me. When I gave Sharona my camera and jacket, and met him halfway, he then grabbed a large wooden club from his shopping cart. I told him that if he attempted to use it, he'd end up eating it. He cussed me out, then went back to collecting the belongings that had fallen out of his cart, when it fell over. The whole event went on four a few minutes. I could still hear him cussing me out, half a block later. I'll submit the snap of him with the others.

Whatever happened to the days when they just threw a shoe at you? (remember that one, Mark?)

Russ

Russ said:
Ig i...SNIP...........

Whatever happened to the days when they just threw a shoe at you? (remember that one, Mark?)

Russ
Yep,
That's why your still known as the man with ONE RED SHOE :p

Joe Brugger said:
If you used a silent, unobtrusive Leica instead of that boat anchor, people wouldn't be coming at you with clubs. :p

Leica. I've heard of them. Aren't they the lower end Cosina made rigs available at Wal-Mart? Besides, the popper (flash) was mandatory. It was dark out there. Sharona was getting worried. I was ready to tussle. :D

Russ

And besides if you had to i think that F100 would have trumped anysort of club...what club has a verticle grip to facilitate beatings with both a horizontal stricking motion and a verticle one.

Don't forget that tripod Jorge gave you! That thing is a real weapon.

Sometimes when I go out shooting at night, I bring the tripod for no other reason than as a potential club.

I wonder what the guy would have done with your film? Maybe told his buddies he took pictures back in 'Nam?

pics

pics

Ok here goes some shots....
all with a Minolta CLE and 40mm rokkor wide open on neopan 1600 dev'd in Diafine....

1 Joe Brugger
2 Joe Brugger and Jorge
3 Joe Brugger and Jorge
4 Larry AKA plummerl
5 Laurence AKA Bobofish

sorry for any miss-spelled names

Last edited:
Last Few...and sadly i didn't get any of Sharona(is that right for spelling and name?) since i started really snapping while she was out picking up prints....

once more of Russ

Last edited:
Nice snaps. None of Sharona? She'll appreciate that. I'll get mine souped and scanned today. However, to my regret, I did have color film in the rig, and used the popper for all snaps. I believe that Jorge got a snap of my "No Digital" shirt....

Russ

Nice photos, Chaser. Can I use that as my avatar? Also had Neo 1600 in my Minolta, but spent Sunday driving down to OSU and back.

Joe Brugger said:
Nice photos, Chaser. Can I use that as my avatar? Also had Neo 1600 in my Minolta, but spent Sunday driving down to OSU and back.

by all means and feel free to lighten and darken as you please...it seems good on one monitor and dark on another....guess thats what i get for not profileing....

No time to get my Portland RFF snaps souped today. I'll try tomorrow. As I said before, they're on color film. Is color allowed for posting?

Joe, free Fuji film @ Pro-Photo tomorrow :)

"If you're photographing in color you show the color of their clothes - if you use black and white, you will show the color of their soul."

Russ

Bobofish

I have a Rangefinder here, with your name on it. How do I get it to you? New battery and film included. Let's meet soon.

Russ

Sorry dude, didn't mean to ignore you.

It's been a busy day. Plus I wanted to get a flickr site all built up with chicken pics for your viewing pleasure.

I imagine the most amusing way to go about it would be for me to come pick it up, and oggle some Kironos and Vivitlanders....but I'm just as willing to pay for shipping if you're busy, or rendezvous downtown.....I am not picky about how I purloin free items.........

By the way, did you go to Fuji day today? No free film on site, but the dude said he'd send me some film, I hope he does. I did get to play with the S3, which is one rockin' dslr, even though I am usually not super impressed by such things.

Chaser said:
Ok here goes some shots....
all with a Minolta CLE and 40mm rokkor wide open on neopan 1600 dev'd in Diafine....

1 Joe Brugger
2 Joe Brugger and Jorge
3 Joe Brugger and Jorge
4 Larry AKA plummerl
5 Laurence AKA Bobofish

sorry for any miss-spelled names

Well fellow RFF'rs, Here are a few snaps from last weekends meeting at Kell's, in downtown Portland. As you can very well see, the focusing fluid was flowing freely, and I believe that our fearless leader was on his sixth Bacardi and Coke, by the time that we arrived, five minutes late. :D The gossip and fondling of rangefinders was nice, and I think I had a few admirer's of my shirt. And of course I added the snap of the chowderhead that wanted to give me a beatdown for taking his snap, while bicycling down the street. I guess I can only upload five snaps, so there will be a part 2 to this posting.

Russ

Back