Post your X-Pro1 images...

How do you like the LensTurbo II? How is it wide open with fast glass?

I have a bunch of Nikon glass and am considering picking up the LTII.

Did you get the Nikon mount? Apparently the Canon EF mount is also a good choice as you can then use other adapters to mount several different brands of lenses on the LensTurbo.

Thanks,

Shawn

How do you like the LensTurbo II? How is it wide open with fast glass?

I have a bunch of Nikon glass and am considering picking up the LTII.

Did you get the Nikon mount? Apparently the Canon EF mount is also a good choice as you can then use other adapters to mount several different brands of lenses on the LensTurbo.

Thanks,

Shawn

Hi, I'm using the CanonEF version + adapters. Before I bought the LTII, I had a cheaper "Camdiox" branded one (which seems to be the same as the Roxsen/RJ ones). The LTII is much better optically, the cheap one had some slight color cast, the 'blue dot' reflection when stopped down + way more curvature of field.
The LTII seems to me pretty neutral, it depends a lot on the mounted lens how it behaves, but there is no extra distortion, color casts or anything going on. Flare is surprisingly well controlled. It reduces the "crop factor" down to around 1.05 - 1.1 (only a guess), so there's still some crop going on when directly compared to the same lens on full frame, but for me it's insignificant.
Since I don't have any full frame camera to test against, I can't really compare if lens characteristics change... but from the limited test shot I've done with a friends Canon 5D MKIII against the X-Pro1 + LTII, same lens on both: the characteristics of bokeh, vignetting and rendering stay pretty much the same.

Some impressions of different lenses on the LTII:

Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art - Canon mount: useable only wide open because there's no manual aperture control ;) , there's a little bit more blooming on contrast edges going on compared to the same lens on full frame, sharpness looked the same. Maybe some slightly reduced contrast.
It's a brutal behemoth that becomes something like a 23mm f1.0 lens on the LTII :D SOOC raw converted with C1 + ProNegHi profile

Helios-44m: swiiiiirly bokeh as hell, looks like a impressionistic painting. Center wide open is sharp, looses the sharpness pretty fast outside of the center portion of the frame. 1 2 3
Behaves how I would expect the lens to behave on full frame. Blooming and CAs are low!

Nikon Series E 50mm f1.8: Got this lens for free from a friend, had some fungus but I could clean it pretty well. Works nice on the LTII, very sharp. Compared its rendering to a 1.6crop on a Canon 7D, looked pretty much identical (within the crop ;) ). There's a little bit added flare with this lens from strong lightsources just outside the frame. My last 3 pictures here that I labeled as shot with the Nikon were shot at f2.0. Corners tend to get mushy at wide apertures but look pretty solid from f2.8 on. This lens + the LTII is a way better performer then the Voigtländer Nokton 35mm f1.4 on the XPro1 and is sharper in the center then the Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art lens on a Canon 7D (both wide open).
Lens behaves how I would expect it to behave on full frame. I will test it on the 5D MarkIII next time when I get the chance :)

!!! Guys I just saw this. Thank you so much. I have no way to print images now but I am totally open to finding a way so as to get some of yours on my wall! I'm flattered.

PM me if there's anything in my flickr you want to trade for! There's lots of nice stuff on your website, but that beach photos is really the best. I like the way you see light...

I don't print either, but I've had good luck with Mpix...

My daughter, doing "teacher stuff" while on Match break. 18-55

Attachments

• image-845495219.jpg
    image-845495219.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 0
AypB4SR.jpg

Love this one.

What lens is this? I've been kind of thinking about a swirly/crazy bokeh lens for these type shots.

Thanks,

Shawn

Brendan, how does the 35mm f2.0 focus in the X-Pro1? Is it really fast and accurate?

Focusing is definitely faster than with the 35/1.4, and the lens also basically focuses silently. Accuracy seems a bit better as well, especially in low light.

Back