Post your X100 photos

lightbox

I'm sitting here with my kitty curled up on my lap, purring. She's in her very few last days, we fear.

I’ve been through a lot in my life. I was a military man for 21 years. I’ve been to war and I don’t talk about it. In my day men didn’t cry. Well, the truth is men do cry and the most I’ve ever cried is when my 20 year old cat died. Most cats don’t live that long, but this cat did. She spent a lot of time on my lap, she was typical of the species, a bit selfish, a bit nonchalant; but she was my friend ‘til the end. Isn't it funny how pet owners grieve the loss of a pet more than the loss of a human? There’s probably a simple answer to that question but I don’t need to know it.

Anyway, Davhill, I wish you and your cat well.

All the best,
Mike

x100F walking through a parking garage today. Can't decide if I like the color or mono version better. Thoughts?

51789418965_1ba43d45c0_k.jpg

51789419105_b0780681ff_k.jpg

Both converted from RAF using Iridient.

Shawn

… she was my friend ‘til the end. Isn't it funny how pet owners grieve the loss of a pet more than the loss of a human? There’s probably a simple answer to that question but I don’t need to know it.
Anyway, Davhill, I wish you and your cat well.
All the best,
Mike

My apologies to all for wandering off topic; Thank you to biomed for the photo of your cat, and grateful thanks to Mike—your kind note came on a day I’m consumed by grief and wondering how these independent little creatures slip so deeply into our hearts. We buried Ophelia last night beneath the tiger lilies beside her lifelong companion Hamlet, who passed away only a couple of months earlier. Her kidney disease had taken a sudden turn and we lost her. They were both 16, kittens from the same shelter, very different yet inseparable friends; enormous personalities, fierce and gentle characters, intelligent and soulful. They leave unfilled holes in our hearts and in our home.
David Hill

Back