Post your X100 photos

When my step son was in ICU and later died, I carried my X100S with me the whole time his mother and I were there with him. It was how I kept my sanity and how I dealt with the stress. A security officer told me not to take pictures in the hospital. I nodded and walked away. I ignored that suggestion and managed to stay sane by taking pictures. I now have a very deep attachment to the X100 series of cameras, especially the old X100S and the look it has. I will always have that camera.

When my step son was in ICU and later died, I carried my X100S with me the whole time his mother and I were there with him. It was how I kept my sanity and how I dealt with the stress. A security officer told me not to take pictures in the hospital. I nodded and walked away. I ignored that suggestion and managed to stay sane by taking pictures. I now have a very deep attachment to the X100 series of cameras, especially the old X100S and the look it has. I will always have that camera.
Sorry to hear about this tragedy.

U82583.1710907058.0.jpg

X100t

I agree with others, Shab - great shots, and very nice processing. How did you get this 'look'? (of course, if you prefer not to say, then that's fine :cool:)
Thank you!

About my processing... it is very simple: I shot in raw, after I process it in Lightroom. For B/W I use adobe monochrome. And after I adjust the lights and shadows, contrast...

For me the most importante thing is to expose it fine. I expose like I would be shoting slides, keepeing the high end lights, and after, I recovery the shadows, if I need them.

But, in this picture, the light was really beautiful and I think it is the most important thing to get this "look".

Sometimes I have porcessed my files more and then I don't like the look, they seem to be "metallic", like over-processed... and I like to get a "b/w film like" look [I think in hp5 look in my mind].

Back