Ricoh annouces GR IIIx

We’ve seen that for sure, but nothing official from Ricoh USA which is the weird part. That press release isn’t even on their own website. It’s officially announced in Japan and the UK, so it even shows up in stores for preorder. October is the shipping date in general.

Ricoh USA is one of the reasons I decided to stop using Pentax equipment in 2007-2008. I'd been one of their "Pentaxian" representatives for two/three years at that point, they took over Pentax, and they just didn't impress me as being worth the effort to try to work with on a business footing. Always slow to respond, always difficult to get any information from ...

I guess they figure the parent company's press release is enough, and/or don't care.

G

Ricoh USA is one of the reasons I decided to stop using Pentax equipment in 2007-2008. I'd been one of their "Pentaxian" representatives for two/three years at that point, they took over Pentax, and they just didn't impress me as being worth the effort to try to work with on a business footing. Always slow to respond, always difficult to get any information from ...

I guess they figure the parent company's press release is enough, and/or don't care.

G

I had always wondered why it seemed Pentax/Ricoh products were more popular in Asia and Europe than in the U.S. I think I now have my answer.

Well, now that it’s been announced in the major markets… I have the lone camera store in Chile who can acquire the GR series looking into how much of a premium I’m going to have to pay… probably $300-400 more than the USA...and certainly a much longer wait. Hopefully, I can get it before the new year. ;)

Where'd you get that date?

Ricoh reported delays in delivering the GR line (due to shortage of integrated cirquits) - both GRIII and GRIIIx are concerned. For the GRIIIx that means, after the first batch, the next one is expected by end of year. (via e-mail/newsletter from Ricoh Imaging Europe)

here the original text (in german):

... die Nachfrage und die Anzahl der Vorbestellungen haben unsere Erwartungen bei Weitem übertroffen. Wie bei vielen Elektronikprodukten, unterliegen auch wir den Verzögerungen durch die Beschaffung der Bauteile, was leider eine Lieferverzögerung mit sich bringt. Im Moment gehen wir davon aus, dass die nächsten Kameras voraussichtlich Mitte Dezember 2021 geliefert werden können. Wir danken Ihnen für Ihr Verständnis und Ihre Geduld. Bestellungen für die nächste Lieferung im Dezember 2021 können ab sofort aufgegeben werden.

Ricoh shipped my camera last week, however it's UPS Ground and moving way too slowly for my taste! I should have it in hand to test Thursday...

Ricoh shipped my camera last week, however it's UPS Ground and moving way too slowly for my taste! I should have it in hand to test Thursday...

Nice, lucky you... I ordered in Chile through the local camera store... and Ricoh has not even sent it from Japan yet. :( I fear they are going to make us wait for the December batch. When it comes to buying cameras, I miss the USA.

Nice, lucky you... I ordered in Chile through the local camera store... and Ricoh has not even sent it from Japan yet. :( I fear they are going to make us wait for the December batch. When it comes to buying cameras, I miss the USA.

When it comes to buying Ricoh, I wish I was in Asia or Europe! We always get a delay here. But I'm sorry it's even worse down there.

When it comes to buying Ricoh, I wish I was in Asia or Europe! We always get a delay here. But I'm sorry it's even worse down there.

Well, true but at least you get the right price... but I was speaking generally. I get the worst of all worlds... super expensive and the longest waits.

Well, true but at least you get the right price... but I was speaking generally. I get the worst of all worlds... super expensive and the longest waits.

It seems like that happens a lot in South America, the supply chains seem to be pretty bad. That's really unfortunate, it seems like there are some wonderful places to live.

It seems like that happens a lot in South America, the supply chains seem to be pretty bad. That's really unfortunate, it seems like there are some wonderful places to live.

And Chile is the best regarding this type of thing. It's ok...it's life. Without Covid, I would be traveling more to the USA. I went in September, but the day I left they announced the GRIIIx! I'll survive though...I have nice equipment.

Back