RIP Tom A

Devastated at the news of Tom's passing. I was fortunate enough to meet him when I was but a smart assed kid of 18 working at a camera store and have counted him a friend and mentor for the 25+ years since. I doubt very much that I will ever meet another man with such copious quantities of knowledge, generosity, joy and eccentricity. The world is a less interesting place without him in it.

Well, that's sad, sobering, and a little hard to believe. Was just looking at his flickr page yesterday. I learned a lot from him here, and via his flickr page. One of the good ones; even though I never met him, I will surely miss him. Just doesn't seem right.
Peace be wwith you.

Oh wow I really didn't expect this, terribly sad news, never had the chance to speak with Tom but he was an icon of RFF and the Leica community, you will be missed, Tom.

Such sad news, his posts were always so thoughtful and supportive. I will miss his presence as I can see everyone else will.

I am deeply saddened and shocked to learn of Tom's passing. I indebted to his great advice when I just started out with film and rangefinders. He is a true gentleman who is generous with sharing what he knows. He is one of the reasons why I started and still shoot with my M2. I will miss his photos on Flickr as well as his commentary on lenses he used. Condolences to Tuulikki and family. We will miss him dearly.

Oh dear. My most sincere condolences to you Tuulikki, I hope he will be spooling XX and mixing Beutler in the great hereafter with Mr. B. by his side.

A most wonderful person has left us. Travel well sir.

Tom has been such an important part of the RFF community.

R.I.P. Tom.

My condolences to his family and loved ones.

My deepest condolences. Never met Tom but am a huge fan of him and his work. I'll miss seeing his posts and interactions. Rip

I will miss his black and white photography shot on his multiple Nikon RF and Leica RF cameras on Eastman Kodak double X film for sure.

I am so sad to hear this news. Tom was such a gentleman, and his passion for photography was both tireless and infectious! He was certainly a mentor for me. Tuulikki, you have my deepest condolences. It has been some time since I have seen you both but it was always great fun to visit.

David -Bellingham

Oh my gosh, Tom was an absolute gentleman and I thoroughly enjoyed his photography. My love to his family.

A huge loss for RFF community and his family.
R.I.P Tom. My condolence to his family!
His contributions for RFF has been always informative, constructive and full senses of humor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tragic news, my condolences to his family!
he was a friendly person with a ton of knowledge

Oh Wow! Feel like I lost a friend eventhough I never met Tom. He was always kind to like my flickr photographs. Feel so sad for Tuulikki.

Back