Show us your Leica M5

46842489891_aebbcc14f5_c.jpg

46842489871_ae30c680e4_c.jpg

the two fifties have since been liquidated to pre-emptively avoid a discussion with the wife over the addition of a V4 50mm Summicron

The Summicron V4 also exists in chrome.

Also, can someone explain why the frame selector and timer are all black on my M5?
They are borrowed from the latest version of the black M4. Very nice on a black M5 in my opinion.

Erik.

16220070823_153d9a44ce_z.jpg

This is mine.

I like the early M5 in chrome. It has the same levers for the selftimer and pre-view as the M4, more solid than the later ones that usually have lost their grip.

Erik.
Yes, the little white grip in the timer lever of my pristine black M5 somehow slipped out. I like the levers on yours. However, I sort of remember there were some problems with early M5's and of course there is the haunting and daunting light leak story. thanks to Huss and a few others went through minor hell to get them fixed. If I remember correctly, there was a french document that held the secret. Huss sent his , finally, to Zacks....and they solved. So Helen, if you end up with a light leak, God forbid!, I think the solution is at hand.

Back