Other Areas Singapore and Malaysia RF Club

Enough about shops...here's another shot

Enough about shops...here's another shot

Uncle telling the secrets of his trade to a young apprentice...taken with the M8 and ZM 25/2.8. C&C welcome.

p585584658-4.jpg

Singapore mid-autumn festival

re

re

hullow... Im ivan from Malaysia with 6 months experience with the rangefinder and loving every second of it here's an introductory shot from me. cheers

1392276376_6acd1b1b97_o.jpg

DD: finally see your pic

DD: finally see your pic

Nice shot ! Can see this in Spore finally. Gosh, this is a quiet forum. Posted some pics and zero comments....

Hello & welcome Ivan; as Catatac has noted it's.... quiet here :)
You picture is of a familiar location...

Catatac, nicely framed & timed shot.

David

Hi David,
thanks for the welcome. The picture is shot in the ex High Court Complex which has been decommisioned since. have a good weekend . cheers

re

re

since it is so quiet here i might as well liven things up a bit by sharing another picture
hope u guys like it. shot with a Bessa R with 35mm color skopar on tri-x this time

438755614_e6251fbc36_o.jpg

Not sure what you are trying to capture here

Not sure what you are trying to capture here

It looks empty and desolate whilst the dress has that ghostly haze to it ?

35mm Crom or Lux on the M8

35mm Crom or Lux on the M8

Does anyone use the 35mm Cron or Lux on the M8. I've heard that it has backfocus issues but am tempted to buy it. Would love some feedback on this lense

Catatac said:
Does anyone use the 35mm Cron or Lux on the M8. I've heard that it has backfocus issues but am tempted to buy it. Would love some feedback on this lense

I don't think the cron has any problem with focus issue but the lux seems to have focus shift rather than back-focus issue. I've got the cron (pre-asph) which I like very much and just got a lux. The lux is on its way to Solms for coding.

Leica MP Repair Singapore

Leica MP Repair Singapore

Does anybody knowof a reliable repair centre in S'pore
who could realign my MP's focussing "squares".
I am on a three day trip and would dearly like to get them sorted
-works on the horizontal but not the vertical.
I have the name posted in 2003 on photo.net
of a Mr Lim of Mecanica at No 1 Scotts Road #04-60 Shaw Centre, tel 67348805.
Does anybody know of him and is he still at this location?
Appreciate any helpful feedback please.
Cheers
Rhodie
______

Rhodie,

Take contact with the major Leica dealer in Singapore; Cathay Photo. I am sure that they either have a repair facility themselves or know of one that can help you on a short notice. They have two shops:

Cathay Photo ltd Pte
Address: Unit #01-05 Peninsula Plaza, 111 North Bridge Road, Singapore 179098
Tel: (65) 6338 7783

Or:

Address: #02-215/216 Marina Square, 6 Raffles Boulevard, Singapore 039594
Tel: (65) 6339 6188

If you call the Marina Square branch, ask for Sam Jeva who is one of their 'sales experts' on Leica and whom I have learned to trust. - And send him my regards from 'Mr. Olsen of Norway'.

Catatac said:
Uncle telling the secrets of his trade to a young apprentice...taken with the M8 and ZM 25/2.8. C&C welcome.

p585584658-4.jpg

Singapore mid-autumn festival

Excellent shot, Catatac!

What is he saying to the young girl?

- Go home and tell grandma to find my vallet, - but she must not look into it, you understand..?!

...Or...

- Let me get this streight: You want to have it engraved; 'Thanks for all those years, John',- and it's John with an 'h' - he?

Olsen said:
Rhodie,

Take contact with the major Leica dealer in Singapore; Cathay Photo. I am sure that they either have a repair facility themselves or know of one that can help you on a short notice. They have two shops:

Cathay Photo ltd Pte
Address: Unit #01-05 Peninsula Plaza, 111 North Bridge Road, Singapore 179098
Tel: (65) 6338 7783

Or:

Address: #02-215/216 Marina Square, 6 Raffles Boulevard, Singapore 039594
Tel: (65) 6339 6188

If you call the Marina Square branch, ask for Sam Jeva who is one of their 'sales experts' on Leica and whom I have learned to trust. - And send him my regards from 'Mr. Olsen of Norway'.

Thank you for this - I am ideally looking for an individual
rather than corporation who can adjust the focussing
in the 3 day window I have in Singers.
But I will give Sam Jeva a call and ask him what he suggests.
Appreciate your response.
Rhodie

Rhodie said:
Thank you for this - I am ideally looking for an individual
rather than corporation who can adjust the focussing
in the 3 day window I have in Singers.
But I will give Sam Jeva a call and ask him what he suggests.
Appreciate your response.
Rhodie

Hi Rhodie,
If u're coming to SG, I'd recommend Mr Andrew Phan of P&G Photographic Centre. He's operating a one-man shop in Peninsula Shopping Centre. specializing in old analog cameras. I just had my dad's Olympus 35RC serviced by him. Great job by a passionate professional.

Take note it's in Peninsula Shopping Centre, not Peninsula Plaza which is just across the street.
Address is 3 Coleman Street, Peninsula Shopping Ctr, #01-19 (ground floor)

Back