Other Areas Singapore and Malaysia RF Club

Thanks Olsen !

Thanks Olsen !

Gosh, I thought this forum had fallen intoa deep slumber ! Glad its still ticking. Here's another shot taken with my faithful ZM 25/2.8 at Changi Beach. C&C are always welcome

p935354666-4.jpg

A Marry Christmas to all of you in Singapore! Here in Norway we have minus 6 - 7 degrees C and 2 cm of snow - an tenth of what we use to have. - Climate change, you know. But the Christmas tree is up, all the presents bought and put in place under it, the table set and the pork in the oven....

Late Christmas Eve I am going to bed dreaming about the beaches of Tioman Island. See you!

Last edited:
Tourist tips please

Tourist tips please

Hi, I'm visiting Singapore and Malaysia shortly for a couple of weeks and will be bringing my Leica - I'm planning on visiting Melaka, KL, Taman Negara, Cameron Highlands and Penang. Any particular recommendations for other places to visit and where good photo-opportunity areas are? Many thanks & Happy New Year!

chinatown, little india, selegie road thieves market.. all good areas to go for street photography, especially if you are drawn to crowds like winogrand.. just enter a wet market, or romp around the streets of little india on sunday and see why they call it little india.. thieves market is a little tricky as some old uncles are wary of photographers.. but generally a popular place to go snap some shots. I personally like orchard road.. full of people.. and expressions to take

HDB ? To Serial Lain

HDB ? To Serial Lain

Hi SL

Have you tried shooting at the HDBs ? I was thinking of trying some "typical" HDB heartland shots and picking an HDB in AMK or somewhere but wasnt sure if ppl are keen to have their pics taken

Austerby said:
Hi, I'm visiting Singapore and Malaysia shortly for a couple of weeks and will be bringing my Leica - I'm planning on visiting Melaka, KL, Taman Negara, Cameron Highlands and Penang. Any particular recommendations for other places to visit and where good photo-opportunity areas are? Many thanks & Happy New Year!

mellaca is great, though v touristy. lots of historical sights, night markets beach front etc

KL - KLCC (of course), chinatown, central market, 'old china cafe' (small quaint place near to chinatown, good food too), any night market. also, would be great to get up to either sky bar (roof of shangri la), or luna bar (roof of..... pan global building, next to the KL tower), they'll give you great view of the city from above, as will the tower.

camerons - tea plantations, nice laid back atmosphere- eat, drink and be merry :)

taman negara - animals, nature

penang- the bridge, night markets and food areas (hope you're staying on the ferringhi side, most of these things are around there), E&O hotel, and the area right around the hotel, gurney drive, beaches.

actually, the KL airport is quite an architectural wonder, esp if you're into contemporary islamic designs.

hey catatac.. i actually pass by AMK hub alot on the way home.. and have been meaning to stop by there for an afternoon or two of shooting the going ons.. some uncles might be a little grouchy but generally a 50mm and a 90mm is good for maintaining a certain distance if you dont feel safe enough.. especially all those ah beng angkong everywhere.. you dont wanna get beaten up haha.. maybe we can exchange contacts start shooting together no problem!

Sounds like a plan...

Sounds like a plan...

serial_lain said:
hey catatac.. i actually pass by AMK hub alot on the way home.. and have been meaning to stop by there for an afternoon or two of shooting the going ons.. some uncles might be a little grouchy but generally a 50mm and a 90mm is good for maintaining a certain distance if you dont feel safe enough.. especially all those ah beng angkong everywhere.. you dont wanna get beaten up haha.. maybe we can exchange contacts start shooting together no problem!

I'll shoot you my details when I shortly come back to Spore !

Happy New Year to all of you :)

I jus acquire a CLE + summicron-C..think my m6 may see less light from now on..haha!

p.s: SL, let me noe if u r keen to shoot together..maybe we shld organise an outing like the folks in HK

tan131 said:

I jus acquire a CLE + summicron-C..think my m6 may see less light from now on..haha!

p.s: SL, let me noe if u r keen to shoot together..maybe we shld organise an outing like the folks in HK

Count me in.

tan131 said:

Count me in too. :)

If that's the case, I propose we have our first (can someone confirm?) outing this sunday? Anyone keen?

Singapore + Malaysia (if anyone is coming down) RFF Outing
Date: 16th Feb 2008
Time: 12pm-7pm (lunch followed by walkabout & maybe tea or dinner)

1.) tan131 (Bernard)
2.)
3.)
4.)

Back