Six Versions new Voigtlander 28mm F2.8 Aspherical - M & LTM !

Thanks very much @maddoc for taking time to share these fine sample pictures despite your busy work. This Color Skopar seems to be a fine lens. Sharp, contrasty and very well-controlled distortion.

Impulsive as I am, I had pulled the trigger to get one black paint ltm version from eBay and it should reach me in the next few days. It was only AFTER I hit the buy-it-now then I managed to find some test samples from another forum, but it is already water under the bridge! It seems to be a lens nearly as good as the Leica 28mm Elmarit ASPH at a fraction of its price. So it is of good value. Those few little things where it is not as good as the Elmarit might bug me though. I will test it out thoroughly when I receive the lens and see if I could warm to it.
Thanks for your kind words. I think that you’ll like the lens, in my case it was exactly this kind of lens that I wished for since I got my first Leica, about 16 yrs ago.

Thanks for your kind words. I think that you’ll like the lens, in my case it was exactly this kind of lens that I wished for since I got my first Leica, about 16 yrs ago.
Woah, I just realize that I purchased a Leica 28mm lens from you (G.) way back in 2007!! What a small world.

Anyway, that was a good lens but a little long on a Leica M camera and so I had sold it after about a year later, and moved on to a VC Color Skopar 28mm/3.5 which I quite like... GAS just never ends :)

Woah, I just realize that I purchased a Leica 28mm lens from you (G.) way back in 2007!! What a small world.

Anyway, that was a good lens but a little long on a Leica M camera and so I had sold it after about a year later, and moved on to a VC Color Skopar 28mm/3.5 which I quite like... GAS just never ends :)
By any chance an Elmarit 28/2.8 v3 with hood that had a cut-out? I bought another copy of that lens in 2017 but returned it due to some haze and bought a M-Hexanon 28/2.8. Unfortunately too big and M-Mount. I also bought a LTM-Nikkor 28/3.5 and finally replaced both 28mm lenses with this Color-Skopar gem.

By any chance an Elmarit 28/2.8 v3 with hood that had a cut-out? I bought another copy of that lens in 2017 but returned it due to some haze and bought a M-Hexanon 28/2.8. Unfortunately too big and M-Mount. I also bought a LTM-Nikkor 28/3.5 and finally replaced both 28mm lenses with this Color-Skopar gem.
Yes, it was that lens.

From your enthusiasm of the new Color Skopar, I am more hopeful now haha.

YES, I like this lens!

(The very first picture I took with this lens)
53198107883_9cdf070aa9_o.jpg

Leica M6. VC Color Skopar 28mm 2.8. UFX 400 in XTOL. Coolscan 9000ED scanned.

Voigtländer 28mm f2.8 Color-Skopar lens
Maneuvering the side streets of Chinatown​
DSC01697.jpg

Sony A7III, Voigtländer 28mm f2.8 Color-Skopar Aspherical (Type I) VM lens
September 2023, Yokohama Japan
Image is lower resolution than original​

Last edited:
Have you tried to use this lens with one of your Fuji's? I think it would suit you better in combination with a cropped sensor. Cheers, OtL
Hello OTL!

I bought the Voigtländer VM-X Mount Close Focus Adapter and went out for a day with it on my X-T2 and the 28mm f2.8 Color-Skopar lens. I was very pleased with the results. Thank you for the suggestion.

One from the day out​
DSCF1359.jpg

Fujifilm X-T2, Voigtländer VM-X Mount Close Focus Adapter
Voigtälnder 28mm f2.8 Color-Skopar Aspherical (Type I) VM lens
October 2023 - Yokohama, Japan​

All the best,
Mike

I have the Color-Skopar 28mm f3.5 LTM (2004?) in black paint. One of the most beautiful made (and optically superb) 28mm lenses I've seen so far. It would be great if anyone will do a comparison test with the new aspherical 28mm!

Erik.
I will try to test it against the old Color-Skopar with film. My initial tests with the Fujifilm X-E3 showed that the new lens is slightly better overall but the difference is very small. I was surprised to see how good they both are on the Fujifilm APS-C. No vingetting at all and just a little soft in the corners att both 2.8 and 5.6. The chromatic aberration is bad on both though.

If I didn't have the 40mm f2.8 I would possibly have sent it back. The two (or three) lens travel kit on my Leica 1C and Canon IVSB2 looks really good :)

Back