Japan Tokyo meetup

Hello everybody,

I'm in Japan from Friday, May 8. until Tuesday, May 26. The last seven days I'm in Tokyo (20.-26.). How about a RFF meetup? It seems, that there is a quite lively RFF community there. I would love to meet some RFFers there.

How did you organize your meetings there? Are you a closed community or are you open to such such a proposal?

Best regards,
Stephan

Hello everybody, I'm in Japan from Friday, May 8. until Tuesday, May 26. The last seven days I'm in Tokyo (20.-26.). How about a RFF meetup? It seems, that there is a quite lively RFF community there. I would love to meet some RFFers there. How did you organize your meetings there? Are you a closed community or are you open to such such a proposal? Best regards, Stephan

Hi Stephan,

We'll be very happy to show you around, once your plans are at a final stage we can fix a day.

A saturday would be best - some touring then some Japanese beer tasting etc - but actually totally up to you!

See you soon,
Ben

Would like to meet up but I have a business-trip From May 15th to May 24th, returning in the evening. Maybe the only chance would be the following weekday (Monday, 25th) for me.

Would like to meet up but I have a business-trip From May 15th to May 24th, returning in the evening. Maybe the only chance would be the following weekday (Monday, 25th) for me.

We could do the 25th if that's ok for everyone. It's a work day obviously so I'd be only available past 6PM.

Ben

I'll be around and able to join as well. Any of the suggested dates should be ok for me so whichever date works best for the most participants I guess.

25. is my last evening in Japan, my flight goes early next morning. So I would prefer Saturday 23., if that is possible. Otherwise I might get in trouble with the flight next morning...

Hello,
just a heads up: I'm in Tokyo right now and would still like to meet other RFF members from here (or elsewhere, if you happen to be in Tokyo also).

So, if you are interested, here ist my schedule:
- May, 19. : Late in the evening is okay, I'm going to photograph Sumo before.
- May, 20. : Free
- May, 21. : Free until afternoon
- May, 22. : Free
- May, 23. : Free
- May, 24. : Free after afternoon
- May, 25. : Free until afternoon

Any interests? If so, when are your preferred dates/time?

Best regards,
Stephan

Hello,

Did not forget - was just trying to see if Gabor could join us but it seems very unlikely. Let's just fix the date then. I am ok for Friday the 22th from 18:30 into the night or Saturday the 23rd from afternoon. Let me know.

If Sam is still around on the 22nd evening, maybe that's the better day of the two!

Let me know, I am 100% flexible.

Thanks,
Ben

I get into Tokyo later afternoon on Friday the 22nd. I could probably do Friday night, but Saturday would be better on my body.

I get into Tokyo later afternoon on Friday the 22nd. I could probably do Friday night, but Saturday would be better on my body.
let's see what Sam has to say. If he can make it the 22nd, let's aim for that. If not, you have a rest and we'll meet the 23rd. How is that?

Hope the weather holds!
Ben

let's see what Sam has to say. If he can make it the 22nd, let's aim for that. If not, you have a rest and we'll meet the 23rd. How is that?

Sounds good to me. Both dates are fine.

Something completely different: I need to have some film developed before going back. What is a good place? I have once done it at BicCamera two years ago. Is this good, and how fast can I get medium format developed, including at least small prints?

Thanks and best regards!

Sounds good to me. Both dates are fine.

Something completely different: I need to have some film developed before going back. What is a good place? I have once done it at BicCamera two years ago. Is this good, and how fast can I get medium format developed, including at least small prints?

Thanks and best regards!

Try Kitamura Camera in Shinjuku, on a corner 50 or so metres from MAP Camera (store 1). They'll even process E6 (135 or 120) in a hour for you. Not sure about prints though.

Edit: No.5 on this website.

Back