Canada Toronto

Yes there are many, some of them film shooters, some digital, some dress up like a commando with a vest that has many pockets and two ancient nikon Fs on each shoulder - terrifying the locals... Some walk too fast to be noticed by his subjects, some with a TLR, some with cameraphones, some with a Leica...

Toronto is a hub of photography because there is nothing else to do here...

Yes there are many, some of them film shooters, some digital, some dress up like a commando with a vest that has many pockets and two ancient nikon Fs on each shoulder - terrifying the locals... Some walk too fast to be noticed by his subjects, some with a TLR, some with cameraphones, some with a Leica...

Toronto is a hub of photography because there is nothing else to do here...
Could that be me he's talking about?????
Vest with many pockets-yes
Two ancient F's on each shoulder?
Nope. One ancient motorized F along with a bunch of Nikon rangefinders on my shoulders. Or an F2 or F3 and FA and FG on my shoulders and around my neck.
Terrifying the locals?
Perhaps, but usually only the illegal ones who think I'm from the Immigration Department.

I'm an hour north and visit the city occaisionally. Dedicated film shooter, 35mm and 120, RF, SLR, and tlr. very slow walker. :)

Could that be me he's talking about?????
Vest with many pockets-yes
Two ancient F's on each shoulder?
Nope. One ancient motorized F along with a bunch of Nikon rangefinders on my shoulders. Or an F2 or F3 and FA and FG on my shoulders and around my neck.
Terrifying the locals?
Perhaps, but usually only the illegal ones who think I'm from the Immigration Department.

I was talking about one of my close friends, and I'm pretty sure you're not one of my friends.

They gather every night in Chinatown, which is where the local government feeds them.
The local government feeds the local shooters in Chinatown every night???????
I'll have to get down there more often. I love Chinese Food, but they've never fed me when I've been down there.

Yeah, I'm certain you would remember if I was 'cause all my friends do.

Not that I'm against dressing up the part. After all, when you dress like a photographer, you become a photographer. Its like not being afraid of who one is - its a sign of confidence...

Not that I'm against dressing up the part. After all, when you dress like a photographer, you become a photographer. Its like not being afraid of who one is - its a sign of confidence...

I seriously hope these inane comments were made with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek.

There are approximately a gazillion. I could point you at the Toronto Photo Walks group on Flickr/Facebook/wherever. Run by my good friend Paul and up to 50-ish shooters at a time, sporting every sort of equipment.

Of course, while shooting film (for me) at a recent paying gig, I ended up walking right past a guy with a Rollei TLR who was doing the same. And a co-worker told me the other day that her husband just bought a Leica film camera (model undisclosed I'm afraid). Everywhere you look you will find photographers in Toronto.

I, on the other hand, live in the City of Vaughan, which is next door. Nothin' goin' on here, folks... :D

Another one here. Usually found along the Queen St. E or up on the Danforth. And every now and then I'll cross the Don Valley and see how the other half lives.

Cheers, Harry.

There are approximately a gazillion. I could point you at the Toronto Photo Walks group on Flickr/Facebook/wherever. Run by my good friend Paul and up to 50-ish shooters at a time, sporting every sort of equipment.

Of course, while shooting film (for me) at a recent paying gig, I ended up walking right past a guy with a Rollei TLR who was doing the same. And a co-worker told me the other day that her husband just bought a Leica film camera (model undisclosed I'm afraid).
Everywhere you look you will find photographers in Toronto.

I, on the other hand, live in the City of Vaughan, which is next door. Nothin' goin' on here, folks... :D

Link to group :)?

Back