Voigtländer Ultron 21mm f/1.8

Thanks for sharing all these photos, Tom!

Really promising, i'm excited about it! it looks as long as a 21/2.8 Biogon mounted on the R4M, the hood really makes it look bigger than it really is.

So far I like what I see and can't wait for them to hit he market... :)

i'm really looking forward to this lens. I've long wanted a faster 21mm lens. though i love the 4.5 for it's straightness, excellent resolution and size. is the perfect partner to the c-sonnar imo.

I did shoot some more Ektar 100 this week. We were in Maine and Vermont (Portland Maine for the Leica Historical Society meeting). Will try to get them done in the next day or so - and post.

I did shoot some more Ektar 100 this week. We were in Maine and Vermont (Portland Maine for the Leica Historical Society meeting). Will try to get them done in the next day or so - and post.

Shooting colour now??? Nice. Is this a whim or permanent change? Nice shots from Japan by the way.

Shooting colour now??? Nice. Is this a whim or permanent change? Nice shots from Japan by the way.

It is temporary - bought some Ektar 100 in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago. This year might be a heavy color shooting year - at least 6-7 rolls! I also wanted to see how well the 21f1.8 handled it - and it does it very well. Still amazed at the lack of vignetting - and the quality of the f1.8-f2.0 images. It is not a small lens - but I find it very comfortable to handle on the R4M or any M camera. Yes, you can see parts of the barrel in the viewfinder of the R4M or MP/M6 0,58 - but it is after all a f1.8 wide-angle and you cant really make one that is compact without compromising image quality!

8034591241_61ea4e89d8_c.jpg

Kanazawa Castle Garden. Bessa R4M and Ultron 21mm f1.8, probably stopped down to around 5.6 -8. Note the lack of vignetting here! Ektar 100

Tom what do you shoot the Ektar at? I've found it behaves better outdoors shot at 64 or 80. Do you develop your own color?

I rate it at 100 - and even then I find it a bit "dense". Should try it @ 125 instead. I rarely shoot color so I have it developed at one of the few remaining labs in town - actually named "The Lab".

Tom, do you shoot Ektar at 100 or lower? I've had better luck shooting it at 80 and in bright light, 64. Your shots look great so of course inquiring minds want to know.

8097252395_93101d3d5e_c.jpg

Portland, Maine. Nicely restored MGB. I shot it at f1.8 (1/2000s) just to see how well the lens handled the shallow depth of field. Focus is on the MGB emblem. Ektar 100 @ 100.

8100331743_684d3513b1_c.jpg

Ed and Julie's "den" - become my smoking room when we stayed there! Ektar 100, Bessa R4M and Ultron 21mm f1.8, stopped down to about f8 or 11.

Back