Voigtländer Ultron 21mm f/1.8

yeah, I tested it also at photokina, definitely one of the coming purchases ! I doubt i won`t give my 21mm:4 away, because it is just so sweet and small. Regards Jukka W

The pics are convincing, 21mm and F/1,8. What now: Leica, Zeiss, C.V. That F/4,0-21mm was already a nice lens but after my Photokina ........ ;)

I for one am really excited about this lens, ordered mine on the day it was announced and can't wait to get shooting with it.

I'm sure it will be another quality VC offering.

Cheers

Jason

seems soft to me? But then the 21/4 is super sharp....

I can assure you, it is not soft. Even at 1.8 it is remarkably sharp. Look at the license plate on the red MGB (that is at f1.8 -f2.0). I havent had a chance yet to shoot comparisons with Biogon 21f2.8 and f4.5 and the VC 21f4 - but weather permitting - I will try some technical Pan and various 21's - including the Summilux 21f1.4.

Looks like it has impressively low distortion for such a fast superwide. That's important to me as a film shooter.

Voigtlander 21/1.8's IN TRANSIT

Voigtlander 21/1.8's IN TRANSIT

The new Voigtlander 21/1.8's are now in transit and expected to arrive after Christmas.

As anticipated the Cosina factory was unable to fill all of my order,
but some of the new 21/1.8's are still available.

Next shipment is likely several months away.

Thanks For Looking!

Stephen

8034592174_69987e1c2c_c.jpg

Voigtlander Ultron 21mm f1.8 on a R4M. Ektar 100.
Kanazawa, Japan.

Nice shot!

I spent the afternoon at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. Took in the most excellent major exhibit "War Photographers" and spent a while wandering around the other exhibit halls. The CV 21/1.8 was put to good use on a M9-P (coded as a 21 Elmarit ASPH).

All are at f1.8 or 2.0, ISO 640, the B&W files are out of the camera "vintage black and white."

Lovely images... I have been pondering this lens for the past couple of weeks too, ready to pull the trigger any time now.

Back