Voigtlander 35/2.5 Color Skopar W/NW

Currently trying to sell my copy of this lens, however this thread is really making me regret that choice..

Voigtländer 35mm f2.5 Color-Skopar P-type LTM lens
Sony A7II
Yokohama, Japan - January 2020

I bought this tiny Voigtländer 35mm f2.5 Color-Skopar P-type LTM lens in a camera shop in Yokohama a few days ago. It was used and looked kind of sad sitting on the shelf so I picked it up without much expectation as to how it would perform. Damn! I am happily surprised by this little jewel. It really delivers near and far.

DSC07179.JPG

DSC07148.JPG

DSC07157.JPG

DSC07160.JPG

All the best,
Mike

As I've mentioned previously in this thread, I've had a couple of versions of the CV Skopar 35/2.5 over the years, but ended up parting with them. A few weeks ago, however, I picked up a beautiful sample of the original Pancake version of the lens, and have been shooting it on my ME 240. I like the fit and finish as well as the handling of this version of the 35/2.5; the absence of a focus tab doesn't bother me (my Canon 35s don't have focus tabs either). The results look promising. This may be the version of the CV 35/2.5 that I keep...

Kesterson by bingley0522, on Flickr

San Luis Drain by bingley0522, on Flickr

I was playing around today (thanks, social distancing) with the 35/2.5 II (got it in a bundle with a camera -- have never really used it) on my Nikon Z6 (with all automatic corrections turned off). The Voigtlander is an absolutely phenomenal lens. Other than ALOT of vignetting at f/2.5, it is incredibly sharp throughout the range. No focus shift that I could detect from f/2.5 to f/8. Going head to head (non-scientifically) against the UC 35/2 Hexanon I had lying around, it appeared sharper than the Konica at f/2.5 (the Konica has WAY less vignetting at f/2.4 but has more barrel distortion) and they are about equal at f/8. Waiting to get my Summaron back from the shop to do a more apples-to-apples comparison (the poor UC Hexanon is an adapted premium point and shoot lens and has its limitations despite being world class). I guess I am going to keep this one!

Started using this little lens again after having the Nokton 40 1.4 glued to my camera over the winter. Forgot how much of a gem it is...

Bessa R4A + Yellow 12 + Arista EDU 100
n5xburocb0z41.png

This lens is a keeper!

DSC08003.JPG

DSC08074.JPG

Voigtländer 35mm f2.5 Color-Skopar P-type LTM lens, Sony A7II
Yokohama, Japan
September, 2020

All the best,
Mike

Mike, nice photos. I hadn't thought about it before, but this lens has a definite 3-D rendering. I will have to use mine more.

Back