Voigtlander 50/2.5 Color Skopar

Leica M2, Color-Skopar 50mm f/2.5, 400-2TMY/Adox MCC 110.

Erik.

50954357856_b96c38c507_b.jpg

Thanks, Erik. I’m not seeing focusing problems with the S-mount Skopar 50 on the Contax, although I’m continuing to test.

Thanks, Erik. I’m not seeing focusing problems with the S-mount Skopar 50 on the Contax, although I’m continuing to test.

Recently I've got a prewar Zeiss Sonnar (nickel uncoated) 50mm f/1.5. I use the lens without any problems on my S2. So the focusing differences between Nikon and Zeiss are minimal.

Erik.

The price!

The price!

It continues to amaze me on how much these sell for second-hand. I saw a silver NIB sell this week for 45,500 JPY. They originally sold for 45,000 JPY in 2002!

While sharpness seems not to be the defining trait of this lens, it does seem to have just a little bit good of everything in a small package. I don't need one, but I do really want one haha!

The picture of that Border Collie (?) is quite sharp on the contrary, but the background and focus transition is also quite smooth.

It's crazy, because you can easily get the LTM or sometimes even the VM for less than this Skopar of which most sellers seem to keep hold of!

Is there any indication of how many of these Skopars were made?

For many years, the price of this lens was about the same.

Maybe because it is a black paint lens the price is increasing now. The price of black paint lenses from Leitz are still rising too.

Erik.

For many years, the price of this lens is about the same.

Maybe because it is a black paint lens the price is increasing now because the price of original black paint lenses from Leitz are still rising too.

Erik.

Actually, this one was silver! But the prices of black lenses (and cameras) do tend to be higher, even when new.

Back