Voigtlander 50/2.5 Color Skopar

LeicaM3/Color-Skopar50mmf/2.5/TMY400-2/IlfordMGFB

Erik.

50556911262_a18cd1cb40_b.jpg

This one is brilliant !

Is it normal for the rangefinder patch to not line up at infinity? The horizontal is not quite there with this lens but the other ones I have is just right. I got one last week and it doesn't quite reach infinity. Shooting wide open was front focusing a bit. Here's a prime example of what I'm getting. I was focusing on the "police"

000030.jpg

Well, no, it should line up. I use a cheap chinese LTM adapter, and for a time used a paper "O" as a shim between the adapter and the lens, since I had an opposite issue - my patch overshot a bit at infinity.

So, check with a different M lens, if you have one (is the body OK?), or a different LTM lens (is the adapter OK?).

Anyway, in my case I've found out I'm not too bothered by a slight misalignment, and ended up removing the shim.

Steve, the S Skopar for the Nikon seems to be at least as good - or maybe better - than the Color Skopar for the Leica, don't you think?

gelatine silver print (color skopar 50mm f2.5) leica m3

Erik.

51030805667_b766feee67_b.jpg

Steve, the S Skopar for the Nikon seems to be at least as good - or maybe better - than the Color Skopar for the Leica, don't you think?

Erik.

48009600158_890df65869_b.jpg

I think you may be right, Erik, although I have much more experience shooting the LTM version than the S-mount and I haven’t done a detailed comparison. Certainly both versions of the lens are very very good.

I wasn't aware of this lens. I probably don't need it, since I have several 50's. But I do find the 35mm Summicron/Summaron size and shape to be very, very appealing!

I wasn't aware of this lens. I probably don't need it, since I have several 50's. But I do find the 35mm Summicron/Summaron size and shape to be very, very appealing!

Yes, and the optical quality is appealing too, as is the build quality. I am using the lens for twenty years now.

Erik.

50687961558_f824f31e61_b.jpg

Just got my S2 back from the Head Bartender’s repair service. Ran a roll of film through it this afternoon to check the shutter. If all is well, I’ll put the Skopar-S on it and fire away!!

I think that the S-Skopar is not for 100% the same lens as the Color-Skopar. The coating is different, there is not even the slightest distortion with the S-Skopar and it is sharper.

gelatin silver print (s skopar 50mm f2.5) nikon s2

Erik.

48060396627_e7b35180f2_b.jpg

I just looked through this thread and it has a few RFFers who have passed on to the great darkroom in the sky. Nice to see their posts and their photos.

I really wish I got one of these 50/2.5 Color Skopars years ago. Now the LTM version is out of production, they cost more than many LTM Leica lenses! :bang:

Phil Forrest

Back