Voigtlander 50/2.5 Color Skopar

4262046583_5531bc4be9_o.jpg

color skopar 50 in snw, paris, december 2009

"50/2.5 Color Skopar: Leica Screw Mount -- add Screw Mount adapter for perfect compatibility Leica M cameras! Compact high performance highly corrected 7 element in 6 group normal, For ANY Leica Screw Mount or Leica M mount camera! Sold Out"

looks like I had one of the last :D

Voigtländer Color Skopar 50mm f2.5, Leica M2, Film: Rollei Superpan 200, scanned with Canoscan 8800f

4257536764_5aa82fd30c.jpg

4257535556_5e38f73ae4.jpg

Last edited:
Voigtlander lenses all seem to be sort of fixed run items, though maybe supplies will be more stable with the M mount than with the L39.

A wonderful lens. I have had mine for a couple of years.......pretty heavy for its size however....quit dense and well made!

They are all LTM. I have in mind getting one when cash flow improves. Photovillage still carries them. There; I may have blown my chance.

Chris why dont you consider old Elmar 5cm f2.8?? It is a decent lens with focusing tab. I love it on BW and the prices are ~200$ I think. It is collapsable so very compact too.

after nearly two months with the CV 50 2,5 I have to say it is quite a great lens, I spent two years using nearly 35mm , it is not so easy to go back to 50 mm but quite interesting :)

BTW I love the rendering of the lens :)

My black one arrived from Photo Village this morning. Nice look and feel about it. Slipped an LTM to M adaptor on and - voilà! Looking forward to using it!

The images in this thread shows that the 50/2.5 is quite an awesome lens.

Another lens that has a tab, is as sharp or sharper than this one, but may have more flare, is the 50/2.4 ltm Hexanon. I am not sure if that would come in less than a tabbed Summicron, but it would be sharper.

Back