W/NW: Whisky, Whiskey

This bourbon wasn't particularly well reviewed online, but I've visited Chappellet Winery a few times, so I bought it out of curiosity. Finished in casks that held Pritchard Hill, Chappellet's flagship cabernet sauvignon. It's not holy water, but it's not terrible either. ;)

Nikon FM2n, AI Nikkor 50mm f/1.8S, Ultrafine Xtreme 400, developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 5.5 minutes.

2020.03.19 Roll #240-04526-positive.jpg
by dourbalistar, on Flickr

When you're tired of drinking the best, it's time to lower your standards and try the rest.

SDIM8258.jpg

Sigma SD1 Merrill
Sigma 28mm f1.8 EX DG lens
Yokosuka, Japan - May 2020

All the best,
Mike

Kirin "Oak Master" whisky - not expensive and not bad.

DSC07714.JPG

Voigtlander 40mm f1.2 Nokton VM lens
Sony A7II,
Yokosuka, Japan - May 2020

All the best,
Mike

Yokosuka Mike! I'm compelled to ask--what is the "the best" of which you are tired of drinking? BTW--I enjoy your pictures--thanks!
Paul

Yokosuka Mike! I'm compelled to ask--what is the "the best" of which you are tired of drinking? BTW--I enjoy your pictures--thanks!
Paul

Hello Paul! For me these are the best whiskies:

Nikka Coffey grain and Nikka Coffey Malt - regrettably both are no longer being produced.

Nikka From the Barrel - A reasonably priced bottle of joy and happiness that reminds me of my Mother’s christmas cookies. This one is usually sold out at the liquor stores.

Kavalan single malt - a fine whisky produced [surprisingly] in Taiwan. Whenever I’m in Taiwan I usually pick up a couple of bottles at duty free on my way back home.

Kirin Fuji-Sanroku Signature Blend - Heaven on Earth.

I'm not really tired of these I'm just giving the cheapies a chance to shine.

All the best,
Mike

Thanks, Mike! Admittedly--they are a little rare here in N Georgia USA.
I'll look for the Kavalan and the Kirin...
Thanks again!
Paul

Yokosuka_Mike, you called? :D On a side note, this used to be unavailable in the US, I think because of the bottle size. According to this article, the US law allows only certain bottle sizes for retail spirits – 500ml is not on the list. Apparently, it's now available in the US, but in a taller 750ml bottle. I prefer the shape of the smaller bottle.

Nikon FM2n, AI Nikkor 50mm f/1.8S, Ultrafine Xtreme 400, developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 5.5 minutes.

2020.04.15 Roll #242-04626-positive.jpg
by dourbalistar, on Flickr

I wish I could take some different pictures, too, enjoying drinks with friends. Unfortunately, the bars are closed and I'm stuck at home sheltering in place, drinking whisky by myself, and taking still life photos. So it goes...

Back