we need a photographic challenge!!

sounds fun, i'm in.

peter, I would interpret "subject" very broadly, it could be five photos of one cat doing different things, or five photos of your neighbourhood, favourite beach, abandoned building etc etc. just not five photos, one of a cat, one of a car, another of a... etc etc etc

I'm in, just back from traveling and have 8 of 38 rolls developed, I should be able to find 5 suitable to the task.

Fun idea - count me in! This could be quite therapeutic as I'm editorially challenged. Particularly after shooting digital. Can I enter 5,000 and let you select the 5?

I'm in too.
Don't know when the competition ends - a date would be useful rather than a 'celebration'.
And to recap - photos taken on or after September 24th 2012 are eligible?
An idea on how we are going to present our 5 photos might be useful. How about we each start a thread with the same title, but ending with our 'name' like:
'Need a Photo Challenge - jesse1dog' ?

jesse

I think the images should be all in one thread, and there should be a gentleman's agreement not to quote pictures in replies. ;)

cool idea. i will give it a try. i never did a series or so till now, so it will be really a challenge for me.
although i'm a bit afraid i will end with 5 pictures of my cat ;)

sry, for the stupid questions... just for clarification once more. so should the subject be one concrete object. so e.g. one single cat and not different cats summarized under the theme "cat".
and can the subject be an abstract term like e.g. peace, fear, anger,... too? or a widespread object like a river?
sry for complicating things...

I have the same question.

Subject meaning a single flower with five photos of the flower? Or subject being nature with five photos of any scene involving nature...?

I'm in...regardless.

cool idea. i will give it a try. i never did a series or so till now, so it will be really a challenge for me.
although i'm a bit afraid i will end with 5 pictures of my cat ;)

sry, for the stupid questions... just for clarification once more. so should the subject be one concrete object. so e.g. one single cat and not different cats summarized under the theme "cat".
and can the subject be an abstract term like e.g. peace, fear, anger,... too? or a widespread object like a river?
sry for complicating things...
Just a suggestion, Peter. If you do submit a cat series, limit it to the one you truly love. Not just some stray cat down the street, or... God forbid,... someone else's sweet little kitten. This is not that kind of forum. :eek:

Never posted an image (or five) with any photo forum. I would probably have to get my computer nerd son to assist with it. Seems like anytime I try to do anything new to me on a computer it never works.

As somewhat of a LUF vagrant finding a home here, one of the things I miss is the "challenges" section at the bottom of their forum.
I was just thinking of them the other day and check in on them from time to time.
It is excellent to see one here and it would be nice to see them stay!

Just a suggestion, Peter. If you do submit a cat series, limit it to the one you truly love. Not just some stray cat down the street, or... God forbid,... someone else's sweet little kitten. This is not that kind of forum. :eek:

i would never take any advice about cats of one of these old men on such dark places like a forum for photography. when on such a sullen place an old man comes to me and wants to speak about kitties,- i just turn around and run... run for my life!

I think the images should be all in one thread, and there should be a gentleman's agreement not to quote pictures in replies. ;)

Could we not open a gallery for the pictures? As in past challenges, or would that be too much of an ordeal for those not familiar with the Gallery upload function?

Back