Weekend Photography Plans: What are you up to?

It is weekend again.
Yesterday I went to the Pensacola Farmers Market and then also to Joe Patti's Seafood Market. I used the Heliar Classic 50/1.5 on the M10.

What have you been up to this weekend?
I hope that all is well.

Ok, try not to be too lazy…I m now browsing through “Evidence 1944-1994 Richard Avedon“ a very interesting book with pictures and text about him.
Inspiring…

Shot a reception (with my cell phone) yesterday at our local Arts Council. I also have been processing several rolls C41 color film that I've shot the past few months, mostly Lomography Metropolis 400. A very interesting film.

Jim B.

Developed a roll from the SL2 and am working on designing another multiple camera panoramic rig.

In its simplest form....

52238713114_8070844f59_c.jpg

Blends are ending up at about 116 degrees horizontal and 39.4 degrees vertical. Just a little less than the field of view of a HorizonT.

The problem with all the multiple camera rigs is lots of batteries. This start of a design will take care of that as they will be powered by a battery bank.

52238423661_a538d02e63_c.jpg

Will be printing the shooting version tonight. The shooting version has cable management built in, plus shields from the plugs on the Sony's and it will have a shutter release that will fire both cameras together. It *should* also fire both cameras if you hit either cameras shutter release too. Made it a left handed grip to keep right free to get into the Sony's menus if needed.Still tweaking it slightly and trying to decide if I should add a mount for the HorizonT viewfinder to it. If I do it will probably go to the right of the right Sony. With the Sonys' in 16:9 AR and shooting RAW they crop the screen but the RAW file has the full 3:2 data which is used in the panoramic blend. The 16:9 vertical crop on the screen is close to the vertical FOV of resulting panoramic blend after it autocrops.

52238452648_3e1427b94b_c.jpg

Shawn

I will be attending the Lowell (Massachusetts, USA) Southeast Asian Water Festival. I plan to bring my Canon S90 (CCD sensor) and will be shooting along with my iPhone 11. This will be a precursor to my trip to Phnom Penh, Cambodia later in the Fall.

County Fair this weekend. If the weather holds, we may stop by and see what's happening. I'll take along my film SLR and a roll of Plus-X too.

Jim B.

Click image for larger version  Name:	52299754260_0c7d6bc15e_c.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.0 KB ID:	4798424

I finally got around to watching a video on disassembling the Nikon 135mm 2.8 Ai lens. Mine had sticky blades and the inner glass needed cleaning.
One of my biggest fears was/is messing with Aperture Blades, but after watching a couple videos I felt comfortable doing it.
Well good news its all back together and working again.
Saddest part is this lens has been sitting on a shelf for 15 years or more. Best part I learned something new, faced that fear and have a favorite lens back.
I forgot how great this lens really is...

The usual, prowl the local boatyard an see what I can squeeze into a camera. With luck I will get a good photo. Worst case scenario is an afternoon out in the semi-sunshine we are enjoying. Life is good. I also have to try more night photos around the boatyard and town.

For me the most important part of photo editing is the screen. What has been the luck of others using this for editing? I am wary of Windows as a platform and use Linux Mint myself. That limits me to GIMP, Darktable and RawTherapee on the platform. I can start a Windows session within Linux but do not want to go out and bu the Adobe products. I am mostly SOOC.

Back to my first premise, it is the screen. With that a good graphics card. In a laptop it is built in an unchangeable and the NVIDIA seems a good one. If you get return rights it sure is worth a try and test run.

I have finally found my old thread on weekend photography! I was "lost" at RFF.
So, what did you do photographically or not during the last weekend?
I decided to be more active with taking photos, and I had a very fruitful afternoon on Friday at Pensacola Beach with the M10 and Pentax_M 50mm/1.4. I also used this set-up yesterday in Destin Beach. The light quality was great in both days.

I hope that you will help me keep this old thread alive.

My nephew gave me an old "Regula" scale-focus 35mm camera for Christmas. I cleaned it up, loosened up the shutter, and shot a roll of Plus-X on Saturday. I was amazed on how good the pics looked.

Jim B.

I made some pictures last weekend with my favorite Kodak Retina, a Retina II, at Albuquerque's Botanic Garden. Also surprised myself by repairing the Bulb function of the Vario shutter on my pinhole camera, so am hoping to have some new pinhole work to show soon.
Next weekend, the 15th of January, the New Mexico Film Photographers will meet at 9:00 AM at the Albuquerque Art Museum.
05b.jpg

Back