What have you just BOUGHT?

I surprised myself by selling a lot of my (actually, all of my) redundant gear and buying a Pentax K-5 and 31mm Limited. Selling my previous 31mm was stupid--it's the best lens of any kind I have ever used, both ergonomically and IQ-wise. But the Pentax sensors at the time didn't impress me. The K-5 has brought me back on board.

how do you like the K5
the 31mm 1.8 is a stellar lens wish i had one

I couldn't resist buying a second Hexar RF body last week, a single-reel Paterson development tank and a set of light seals so I can get my old Olympus XA working again (I suspect the XA will need to find a new home so I can prepare for some more gear in the near future ...).

Strange, I found both of my Hexar RFs on the bay in France. I've been monitoring Hexar offerings all over Europe, and a very large portion of them keeps coming from France. This camera must have had a lot of fans in France.

Not a rangefinder purchase, but have just been putting together a nice Contax 645 system. I've been using 120 film much more than 35mm lately, and wanted something with AF, slightly faster lenses and closer focusing to complement my MF rangefinders. So far I am very pleased with it - and the Distagon 35mm arrives tomorrow :D

picked up a Konica EE-Matic with a nice leather case on the weekend at a thrift shop, seems to have been stored in the case for a while as the selenium meter seems to be working (though the first roll will tell) in good shape

My most recent purchase was my M4, 50 'cron and 35 'lux. I don't think I'll buy any more gear in a long time, it's pretty much all I need. Actually I might sell some Canon gear.

A 52mm UV/IR filter so I can stop myself from getting any gunk on my 15mm Heliar... But WHY did I need to spend more on the UV/IR???? :eek:

Just sold a D40 and lens on the bay, and immediately used the paypal credit to pick up a Lumix 45-200 for the GF1. Probably a little front-heavy for a combo but the GF1 is my only digital and I "need" a tele-zoom for it. :D

More importantly, my "one developer, one+ films, one very long time" project went into test mode with the purchase of the following:

5L XTOL
2 Rolls Fomapan 400
2 Rolls Rollei Retro 400S
2 Rolls T-Max 400
2 Rolls Tri-X 400

So far I like the XTOL a lot, not sure which film I'm going to pick though. Foma was OK, magical on the good shots but questionable quality in general. Not impressed with the Rollei in XTOL, but I may have under-developed it, hence the second roll of each. Next up, either T-Max or some HP5+ I have sitting on the shelf. Decisions, decisions, what a problem to have. :)

Cheers,
Rob

Just bought a Fujica GS645 and a Leica R8 - both have not arrived, yet

... and I sold my Leica R7 and want to sell my Minolta CLE (+28/40/90).

No gear, but a bottle of Rodinal. Bought the last one 16 years ago!!! :D And some Fuji Acros ISO 100 120film and Rollei(?!) film ISO400 120film.

Last edited:
A second Nikon L35AF. My other one has a crappy degraded viewfinder where the lettering is flaking off. It works though and is as quiet as a mouse. The second one has a lovely perfect viewfinder but sounds like a garbage truck chomping a transformer when it winds on. If only I could work out how to change the viewfinder over to the other L35AF...

Paul

the Tewe 35-200 VF is new. It's waiting to be joined by a IIIf.
5206161760_28cab0f959_z.jpg

Sony NEX 5, and a couple of adapters; a cheap LTM version and CV M-mount. Can't wait to try out my ancient RF lenses on a digital camera. Especially looking forward to using one of my favorites on the Sony, a CZJ Biometar in Contax mount, hooked to an original Orion adapter.

Zeiss Maximar 6x9 plate camera; smaller cousin to my Z-I "Donata" 9x12 plate camera.

I have RADA 120 roll films backs for both.

"Why?"

Why not... "collect the whole family!" ( as they used to say about cereal box toys )

Back