What have you just BOUGHT?

Why "no less"? The Kiev 4 is truly a Contax derivative. The Kiev 2 was a Contax, and "progressed" to the Kiev 4. I have used my Kiev 4 as a Contax iia back-up.

Dear Mark,

My comment wasn't meant disparagingly. I looked for years for a Soviet backwards viewfinder with no success. When this one popped up on Ebay and the seller offered me a discount it was an easy decision!

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)

Oof...After my D3 kinda died I mostly worked with a D750 and the Fuji X100f (which in many ways is the perfect camera in my universe). I never warmed up to the D750 and last year I got talked into a Sony RX100M7 and then my father, just before he died, gave me a Ricoh GR III. Too many different systems.

I sorta rationalized it all just a few days ago.
I fixed the D3 (with epoxy and a bunch of clamps. But it can't leave the studio - has to stay in the studio) and bought a clean second-hand D4 with less than 10,000 cycles. Sold the Sony, and the Ricoh, and all the Nikon APS-C bodies and now I'm just back to the D4 and the Fuji.

So I had to celebrate.
I bought one of those ridiculous 500mm F8 Nikkor C mirror lenses. And put a doubler behind it.... It'll be interesting to see if I actually produce something interesting with it.

I think I'll be alright....

Dear Mark,

My comment wasn't meant disparagingly. I looked for years for a Soviet backwards viewfinder with no success. When this one popped up on Ebay and the seller offered me a discount it was an easy decision!

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)

Understood. I have a CZJ 9439 (28, 35, 50, 85, 135) and a Nikon zoom finder. It is fortunate that I have the zoom finder because it has 105mm on it, and I don't think any of the Zeiss ones do. I ended up picking up a Nikkor P.C 105mm f2.5 in Contax mount, and I would hate to have to swap back and forth between 85 and 135 to guess what I am shooting!

Last couple canon bodies I mentioned getting a while ago have unfortunately gone back to the seller. This really nice(so far)IID just touched down from Japan to CA in 2 days! It's as smooth and clean as my IID2 that Youxin serviced not too long ago. I've always been weary about purchasing outside of the US, but EVERY camera I've bought from a US seller has been a headache. I'm done buying cameras for now, but if I get the itch I know which seller I'm going to!C33D2A3A-AEF5-47C8-A640-B9B7A5A22308.jpeg
The lens unfortunately has gnarly haze. Got it fairly cheap though. Anyone up for cleaning her up for me?!
A50EE378-5E0B-435A-A551-0F533F8D2529.jpeg
Time to load up and hope for the best!

Last couple canon bodies I mentioned getting a while ago have unfortunately gone back to the seller. This really nice(so far)IID just touched down from Japan to CA in 2 days! It's as smooth and clean as my IID2 that Youxin serviced not too long ago. I've always been weary about purchasing outside of the US, but EVERY camera I've bought from a US seller has been a headache. I'm done buying cameras for now, but if I get the itch I know which seller I'm going to!View attachment 4820503
The lens unfortunately has gnarly haze. Got it fairly cheap though. Anyone up for cleaning her up for me?!
View attachment 4820504
Time to load up and hope for the best!
Hello Jose
That is a beautiful camera, which seller do you recommend as mentioned in your post, if you don't mind saying
Thanks
Don

Hello Jose
That is a beautiful camera, which seller do you recommend as mentioned in your post, if you don't mind saying
Thanks
Don
Hey Don,

Not at all. The seller is sonyeric01c

There's a negative rating that has nothing to do with the actual goods, but because The seller cancelled the sale as DHL rates for transit in Australia were prohibitive. My camera was shipped via FedEx though.

Good luck!

First roll was a success! The IID is buttery smooth. I should mention that the Canon 5cm f3.5 was purchased from a different seller and will probably be going back, but I'm thinking about sending it off to Youxin and his wife. The price I got it for and a CLA will still put me below what I see clean examples going for on the bay. Heres my cheap lil kit through the haze.fullsizeoutput_6d3.jpeg

Hey Don,

Not at all. The seller is sonyeric01c

There's a negative rating that has nothing to do with the actual goods, but because The seller cancelled the sale as DHL rates for transit in Australia were prohibitive. My camera was shipped via FedEx though.

Good luck!
Thanks Jose
I have seen that name before

Just got my package in the mail today from Japan with a Kobalux 28/3.5 LTM lens. It's hard to realize how tiny it is till you're holding it. This is the Kobalux type 1 - silver color, 6 blades, 1 meter minimum focus, focus tab. Original rear cap & hood, missing case and third party screw in front cap.IMG_20230422_101307557.jpg

This is my planned daily carry - Kobalux, Chiyoko Super Rokkor 50/2 & Leica Elmar 90/4 for a M 240. Sweet I think. I plan to leave early for work and check a few of the usual suspects on the way to work despite the crappy weather.

IMG_20230422_101722400.jpg

52838333010_f0db287312_b.jpg

This body came today. Missing the rewind button so I borrowed it from my chrome FT. Going to try printing a replacement but not sure if it will work at that size.

I saw a double pack (20 exposures) of Fujifilm color Instax Wide at a local Goodwill store, mid-2020 expiration date. $12. We'll see if it's any good -- may be weird looking results but that could be fun.

I just bought a used:

Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 DC DN Contemporary (X-mount) lens (Kenko Pro1D lens protector included)
FF Eq 27-75mm - ø55mm filter size - Minimum focusing distance: 4.8"

I walked into the camera shop yesterday and the guy behind the counter shows me the lens. He says it's like new; I checked it out on my X-H1 and it worked fine. I wasn't looking for this lens but the price was right so I bought it.

Another day in the life.
Mike

I just bought a used:

Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 DC DN Contemporary (X-mount) lens (Kenko Pro1D lens protector included)
FF Eq 27-75mm - ø55mm filter size - Minimum focusing distance: 4.8"

I walked into the camera shop yesterday and the guy behind the counter shows me the lens. He says it's like new; I checked it out on my X-H1 and it worked fine. I wasn't looking for this lens but the price was right so I bought it.

Another day in the life.
Mike
That's the spirit! Nothing makes your day like a little impulse spending. ;)

Back