what hinders you?

Cash=Time. So both, or either.

I have cut costs and various forms of life gymnastics to create time. I'm making progress, but a lottery win would make it a lot easier!

I was just about to start a new thread titled "what do you struggle with?" but then i remembered this one and thought it would be interesting to revive it.

I am never satisfied with my personal work, sometimes to the point of depressive tendencies. But I also believe that is why I am heading somewhere and why my work, to a degree, gets more meaningful, maybe even better, over time, if never satisfying. Yet, I wouldn't be able to answer my own question on a general level except for the fact that I don't have the time and means to do nothing but shoot personal pictures, projects and stories. I live and love photography, fear/FEAR (as mentioned above) is definitely not a part of it in my case.

Kids. Lol. They eat up all my free time, so I have to feed the urge to photograph documenting their growing up. When I look back at the photos it makes me very glad that I took up photography when I did though.

Take a very slow trip around the country (in my case, the United States), documenting everything I see with two Leica IIIc camera bodies and a bevy on Nikkor LTM lenses. Not that I've thought about it much. HA!!!

Best,
-Tim

sounds like a perfectly reasonable plan.

My friend had brain cancer
I told him write a poem
He said he was Korean
I told him write a poem
His parents were from Philly
Cheesesteak sandwich
And all that
I told him write a poem
He died right after that

What happens when we care
What happens when they die
Why do we ignore poetry
In Philadelphia some folks cry

He was an engineer
A graduate of MIT
His parents mapped his destiny
Picked his bride
Bought his ride
Paid for everything
This is the dream of all Koreans
Work hard and die
Happiness is an occupational lie

What happens when we care
What happens when they die
Why do we ignore poetry
In Philadelphia some folks cry

I'm left with a vision
My friend's smile on his face
Black hair, black rimmed glasses
A genius not a race
He never wrote a poem
To hard he told me
But just before he died
He wrote a note of things he spoke
"**** me" was all it said

All the best,
Mike

My business was making photographs of people.

I figured I was doing OK when I got to the point of making photographs of my wife that she liked.

What hinders me now... perhaps the same me, myself, I
But on a different level
The Crushing Grief, the loss and separation of the One You love

Ever pulling myself out of the quicksand
I weigh nearly nothing, can barely eat
I live a constant lie, something I NEVER did before
I make believe all is good , so not to offend, put off people

Trying to make my way back to my other passion ...photography

We are here and this is a good place to be, Helen, so is photography. You will find the strength you need, I'm sure. Email me anytime if you like.

Thank You Simon !

Do hope this thread continues in it’s theme.... What stops, what hinders You

While I'd love to have the spare cash to get into a more controllable digital camera, I am getting by with my iPhone 7+.

I'd love to have the time to go out and search for things worth capturing, I am finding thing/lighting that interests me that I capture. For a good number of years, I've been a stumbler. Stumbling upon pictures rather than going on a hunt.

The only thing that really hinders me is my wife's sense of self-preservation when she somewhat aggressively reminds me to not take pictures when I'm driving and she's in the car.

I'm not creating all that I can or want to, but I'm doing things that make me smile enough.

B2 (;->

Take a very slow trip around the country (in my case, the United States), documenting everything I see with two Leica IIIc camera bodies and a bevy on Nikkor LTM lenses. Not that I've thought about it much. HA!!!

Best,
-Tim

I am with Tim. Link travel to photography, in my case first on the agenda is desert environments, using b&w film only.

Also move ahead with the darkroom, which I still haven't tried - though I bought an enlarger a year and a half ago.

What stands in the way:

too much work, not enough time, too many obligations. I guess I am waiting for retirement which is two years ahead. Hope my health holds up.

I am hindered by my lack of talent, a certain dilenttantism that sees me flit around without real application, and a lack of patience.

I suspect none of those will be changing any time soon, but I enjoy what I do, and don't really worry. It's a hobby for me, no more.

Back