Leica LTM Who has the oldest Leica on the forum?

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses

Krnome

Established
Local time
10:22 AM
Hello! I just wondering who has the oldest Leica here on the forum?

My Leica II (1929) conversion has serial No: 18254

Please post your oldest Leica!

Already trumped! :(:D

1932 IId 75200 (making it the 4,000th II made by my count) black paint and nickel with the early 11:00 Elmar in nickel.

Ha, I'm out straight away. Yet I can can compete in a similar fashion. :D

Mine is a 1932 Leica II, nr. 71917. Leica IIs started at 71200. Anybody got an older Leica II?

I also have a 1929 model I converted to a model II but serial number is 19635 so yours was earlier in the batch.

Younger, but still nice. Probably better than my knees. ;-) I may have a Standard conversion that might be older?

John

Nr. 19471 - 1929 I converted to IIIa-syn in the mid fifties. Not the oldest here, but I bet one of the prettiest. I'm shooting a roll in it now...

Here she is with her (much) younger twin sister:
LeicaIIIasyn_6.jpg

Actually, I feel it's cheating a bit. The entire outside of the camera was upgraded, including body shell, vulcanite, and knobs. Only the inside is mostly original. It's weird that it still bears the original nr.

Oh, but the lens is unnumbered and nickel, probably the original 1929 Elmar, remounted later to make it LTM and now also coated, which I guess was done when the IIIa-syn upgrade was performed.

You mean my M5 isn't the oldest? It's certainly the oldest I've seen in person! ;)

Leicas never cease to amaze me with how precisely machined they were for the 20s. Beautiful machines.

one of the members who I will not identify
(unfortunately not myself)
has one of the original 1913 Null Series Leicas.

as you can imagine,
its practically priceless.

Stephen

one of the members who I will not identify
(unfortunately not myself)
has one of the original 1913 Null Series Leicas.

as you can imagine,
its practically priceless.

Stephen

Oh wow, a 2.3 million dollar worth camera owner is amongst us....:confused:

There were only 23 or so cameras in that series. You know what number he/she has...?

BTW, I guess that should be 1923...

So, who is this member...:rolleyes:

Any pictures of a null-series Leica from 1923 to show us poor RFF members? :D:D

Huub, that camera is SO NICE! :D And I still love the serial number if I had been born on the day I was supposed to, that would have been my birthdate!:eek: The nickel Elmar on your camera is a later date. The original lens would have been an 11 o'clock lens without an infinity stop, with a slightly smaller lens flange than the screw mount on the camera. Like this:
50ElmarII.jpg

:)

71470 with Hektor 50mm f2.5 ;)

Martin,

nice one! A nickel Hektor 2.5/50mm I hope? Can we see a shot?:angel:

It is not completely honest to let the conversions join the competition.

I am surprised that so far no one mentioned a Leica I.

Mine is 58734, a very late Leica I.

Erik.

10103624824_8b7e0053ed_c.jpg

I've got a Leica 1 #17940 from 1929. Still works well altho it does not focus where the distance scale says. Still, it can make lovely photos and I'll shoot several rolls a year with it. Joe

It is not completely honest to let the conversions join the competition.

I am surprised that so far no one mentioned a Leica I.

Mine is 58734, a very late Leica I.

Erik.

10103624824_8b7e0053ed_c.jpg

You might have a point, Erik! However, it's still an offical Leica! I would love to see a member here with the 1923 model!

I've got a Leica 1 #17940 from 1929. Still works well altho it does not focus where the distance scale says. Still, it can make lovely photos and I'll shoot several rolls a year with it. Joe

Not bad! Just a few numbers older then my No. 18254

Back