Leica LTM Who has the oldest Leica on the forum?

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
The oldest one that I still have and use occasionally.

IMG_1235 by dralowid, on Flickr

(Yes I know the shutter release has been modernised and one of the knobs is wrong but the baseplate catch is still black/nickel!)

I had a converted Anastigmat lens once (see avatar), but never the camera too...this and some pre 10,000 cameras long since sold to fund life in general.

The first I ever used (though it belonged to a now-ex girlfriend) was 23010.But what of it? A friend had 139 (a really nasty synched RF conversion). A better question might be, "Who has the oldest unmodified Leica on the forum?"

Cheers,

R.

The first I ever used (though it belonged to a now-ex girlfriend) was 23010.But what of it? A friend had 139 (a really nasty synched RF conversion). A better question might be, "Who has the oldest unmodified Leica on the forum?"

Cheers,

R.

well that Null series that I referred to was modified
to a black paint IIIf RD .....

just kidding.

unmodified of course.

Stephen

I have a Standard Leica. I will check out its number.

i-TpRmdT8-XL.jpg

5167545-lg.jpg

5167560-lg.jpg

5167555-lg.jpg

My Leica has the 50mm finder replaced with a second accessory holder.
With number 160933, it is a 1935 model. Right?

160701-161150 Leica I 1935 450

1935 IID. It was my wife's late fathers's, purchased while he was in college. Came to me with her, quite a great combination and lucky for me on both counts.

Gotta find me a case like yours someday, David.

My little Leica II would be happy with that.

Great camera, small number! :D

one of the members who I will not identify
(unfortunately not myself)
has one of the original 1913 Null Series Leicas.

as you can imagine,
its practically priceless.

Stephen

I'm curious, are there any Nullserie cameras whose whereabouts are unknown, or are they all accounted for?

David, that's a beautiful camera that survived the years wonderfully well.

My Leica I upgrade to model E #22899 and full blood A #42748 (both 1930) are far past 4-digit.

It's certainly not the oldest Leica around, but is a very early Leica II from the first production run in 1932.

Serial number 81307, comes with an 11:00 nickel Elmar with no serial number. The camera is in great shape, and works perfectly.

Cheers,
Dez

David, that's a beautiful camera that survived the years wonderfully well.

My Leica I upgrade to model E #22899 and full blood A #42748 (both 1930) are far past 4-digit.

Thanks; the serial number from memory is 2,4XX which probably makes it 1926. It's my one and only luxury. All the others are users.

I still use it from time to time but the lens is getting a little stiff when I focus. And quality is still more than acceptable, I just wish the case took the lens hood as well.

johannielscom; I'll wish you luck looking for a case, well worth the effort.

Regards, David

Last edited:
Back