who owns a recent production zeiss ikon here?

Add me to the list of ZI owners

Add me to the list of ZI owners

Silver body, 28mm f1.9 Ultron, 35mm f2.5 Color Skopar (a great light-weight walking around lens), 50mm f2 Color Heliar, 50mm f1.5 Summarit.

If you haven't checked out the Voigtlander lenses, you oughta.

Just got one today - LE with a 50 1.5 C Sonnar. I wasn't going to, but saw this one... I've also got a 35 1.7 Ultron that I picked up a few weeks ago from ebay at a bargain price.

So far I love the viewfinder and feel of the camera and am looking froward to shooting a few rolls over the next few days.

That Zorki has a lot to answer for, as I already have a dslr.

Mike

I now own one too, a black one, along with 21mm Biogon, 35mm Biogon and 85mm Sonnar lenses.

Been a big fan of Zeiss lenses for a long time, but have just recently returned to the fold and to rangefinder photography using film :) Became very bored doing digital.

#95! Can we hit a hundred?!

#95! Can we hit a hundred?!

Got me a new black model about 10 days ago and really like it a lot. Already had the 25mm Zeiss lens in the fold. Also have a mix of lenses- the CV 35 and 75, and a Canon 50. I know the 75 may not get along with the ZI without an accessory VF, but I'm usually very good at guesstimating picture areas with regard to other framelines. ( When I remember to do so!) I posted some feelings on its features and build quality in the "Used M7 or new ZI" thread. I tried and tried to find a deal on a used M7 but wouldn't spend the $2K to $2.5K they were going for. I don't know just how much I'll like using the ZI alongside my M6 Classic, time will tell if their differences are major issues for me or not. Let's keep the ZI discussions going!

Okay. Where are you all getting your Zeiss Ikons from? I've been looking everywhere for a secondhand one but it seems only B&H have it stocked (I'm in Australia). Also, what prices should we expect for a secondhand ZI?

Most of us, I believe, bought new. Haven't seen all that many on the used market, and those that I have seen were priced way too high. I bought mine from ebay seller SK_Photo. He's in Hong Kong and I'm on east coast US, and it was delivered in 2 1/2 days. Also shipping was free. Can't beat that for service. It was a shorter time than things I've ordered locally.

Received mine on Friday. Black with the 35/2 and 50/1.5. Plan to add the 21/4.5 for our summer vacation. Was at a family farm day yesterday with our kids and the place was full of low-end Canikons. I felt so eccentric.

I've used the Ikon and 35/2 before and loved it. I'm new to the 50/1.5 and I'm very curious to see my first roll with it.

Three out of four of the ZI bodies I've owned were purchased used (I still have the first one (black), returned the second one (silver), sold the third one (silver), and just bought the 4th one (black) brand spanking new!). Prices on used ZI bodies in Japan range from around 65,000 yen for one with lots of signs of use (small scratches etc.) to around 92,800 yen for LNIB sample. For some reason, black ZI bodies are a lot harder to find used than silver ZI bodies.

Just ordered mine in Black 35/2.0 kit. I will A/B it with my G2.

Also, wife insisted that I order the Nikon 9000ED. I've got 6x7 to scan. I sure hope that I can find the time and the consistency of workflow to get this film thing working.

I like this camera. The viewfinder is easier to view and brighter than the G2. I was able to focus accurately in low light, but of course, the G2 was a bit faster in this regard. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is the exposure lock button. I prefer a partial depression of the shutter release with aperture priority. One real complain is the difficulty in seeing the shutter information. Not only is it hard to see with glasses, but bright light and the display seems to go away.

New owner/rangefinder user here! I ordered my silver Ikon with a matching silver 50mm Sonnar, and was surprised to get a Limited Edition model (#997). I thought these things were gone a long time ago.

It is a work of art!

Back