Your Most Essential Hasselblad Lenses?

Your Most Essential Hasselblad Lenses?

• Total voters

Rob-F

Likes Leicas
Local time
5:08 AM
What is/are your most essential focal length(s)--the one(s) that usually suits the way you see; the one you will probably want first when you get ready to shoot?

For me, it is probably the 50. The next most likely will be the 40 and the 60.

I'll try to set this up so you can vote for several local lengths. Hope I get this right.

I've still got far more than I need - all bought used as prices collapsed over the last 10 years 38/50/60/80/100/110/150.

Yet it's the modest 80 that is by far the best for the way I see.
Perhaps it's time for me to join the 'what have you just sold thread'

I've had all the lenses between 38 and 280 mm, and I would say 60mm is probably the most versatile, followed by 120, which is a lens in a class of its own, although it might not be ideal for landscape.

In order of usage: 80, 150, 50, which is odd because on 35mm & digital it would be more like 24, 90, 50. I find it easier to think long for the square format and short for the landscape.

Oh, I was going to vote 110mm f2, with my 203FE.

Stunning lens. Sharp as a razor. And most beautiful bokeh I've ever seen.

80 is by far my favorite lens, followed by the 50. I find wide angles on the blad very awkward for me. I want the change that though.

is one lens possible?

lol.

I want to get a Hasselblad but my problem is that I can't decide on a 1 or 2 lens kit i feel that I "need" 3 or 4. For a 3/4 lens kit I'm thinking of one moderate wide, normal/long normal, and one telephoto: 50mm or 60mm, 80mm or 100mm and/or 120mm, and 150mm or 180mm. Which ones I should choose is all over the internet and beyond the scope of this poll but 60/100/180 seems to be the more favorable/sharper/expensive combo when money is no object and 50/80/150 seems to be the the less favorable/cheaper/less-sharp combo.

Limited to one lens, it'd be the 150 on the Hasselblad for portraits, the fixed normal lens on the rolleiflex, and a wide lens on a Mamiya 6 or 7.

60/120 for me
the 60 is a champ so reliable and versatile ... i actually like the looks of my CB lens better than the CF
the 120 is not as bad for further distances as it's said to be

Nope. Don't have a Superwide, I prefer reflex viewing. All my lenses are the 70's vintage black C T* variety, so I don't have the 180 :)

Voted 40, 80, 150 as a recommendation to others, but have the 38, 60, 150, 250.

I could live with just the 40 and 150. If 40 is not a length you shoot, the 60 and the 150 (35/90 equiv) would be fine 2 lens start, too.

The 150 rarely comes off the 500. The others are as great lenses, but there is something 'right' about 150mm on 6x6 and the 500 handles nicely with it. Generally, it's my 'people' lens.

I use the 38 as much or more and like the SWC for handiness and having a 2nd body that uses the same backs/accessories (any technical differences between the 38 and 40 are immaterial to me).

The moderate wide 60mm is my 'normal' and a wonderful land/cityscape lens, but I don't use it as much as I thought I would. It might be that I use other cameras for shots in the middle lengths(?).

The advantage of the 80 is it's speed. (But, I'd have a Rolleiflex if all I needed was a single lens.)

I use the 250 the least, but probably have as many 'favorites' shot with it as any from other lens.

-Charlie

Back