Your Most Essential Hasselblad Lenses?

Your Most Essential Hasselblad Lenses?

• Total voters
80mm because it is the only one I have. Fortunately, I also have 45mm & 150mm lenses for the Pentax 6x7.

Wayne

My 120 CF and my 40 CF FLE are the two most used but frequently use my 50 CF FLE and 180 CF. The 100 CF also gets a good bit of use also. The 80 almost never, the 60 CF and 250 some and the 350 CF a fair bit. The SWC/M 38 almost never.

I've always used my 120 and 40 most often.

The 80 gets the most use by a long stretch. There was no place in the poll for the 135 which I love as well. However it's not as general purpose as the 150 and 40 that I also use. In the back of my mind, I wonder if I would really love the 60 if I had one. Seems like it would fit in my scheme of things quite readily.

Certainly my 80 mm lens, followed by the 50 mm lens.

I also own 120 and 250 mm, but those are not used often. Maybe I should change this? ;-)

Well, I think I could live with the 80 mm alone...

I'm glad to see such a strong response to the poll. Looks like we have many Hasselblad users out there! I was surprised that there there are so few votes for the 100mm Planar, considering its reputation for zero distortion, extreme IQ, and NASA heritage. Then again, it is a sort of "in between' focal length; not quite a normal lens, and not really a long or portrait length either. I also imagined there might be more votes for the 120mm Makro-Planar, and for the 60mm. Instead, the poll seems to confirm that there is good reason why the old 50/80/150 set is the tried-and-true kit for most!

When I was shooting Weddings with my Blads, I did a few (at a friend's recommendation) with -just- the 100mm Planar and 60mm Distagon. For those particular venues, I appreciated not having to carry ""everything but the kitchen sink". That's a truly great combo, the 60 & the 100mm.

The 40mm F4 Distagon-C gets a lot of use. For several years I would take that lens, and the 350mm F5.6 Tele-Tessar out for the day.

Here it is on one of my 500EL/M's, with NC2 Prism, and 70mm Filmback.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 0
I had an old 1000F years ago with an 80, 150, and 250, all lovely old 50's Zeiss lenses. I loved those lense. Recently I was given a 500 C/M with the 80 f2.8 and 150 f4. So... since those are my ONLY Hasselblad lenses at the moment, those are what I voted for. But I think that would be about right anyway. Most of my shooting is in the normal to slightly long range, though a 50 would come in handy down the road.

It's interesting that three lenses that have a reputation for strong performance did not fare that well in the poll. The 60mm Distagon, the 100mm Planar, and the 120mm Makro-Planar are well thought of, yet few apparently consider them go-to lenses. It's not hard to explain, though. Most folks obviously select the focal lengths they think they will get the best use from, and not necessarily those that get the best lab-test scores! Besides that, if one considers the 80mm the "standard" lens, they would no doubt select a second and third lens with a sufficiently different focal length from the 80mm to justify the weight, bulk, and cost. Thus, the popular 50-80-150 combo.

I have two oldies in my bag an 80 C and a 150 C. I use the 80mm more often, but I think I would definitely take to a 60/100 kit if I had them.

I plan on upgrading to CF lenses in the future and likely adding a 50mm. Seems logical.

I always have a 50mm on the camera and swap it with whatever else (a 35mm and a 85mm) depending on the situation. But my 50mm is what I use most.

100mm based on quality.

I suspect the question which lenses do you own? would produce the same distribution. If you only have 80mm it is "essential" :rolleyes:

Always happy though to see Hasselblad love.

8461534928_21f639fc0d.jpg

I only have an 80mm lens so that is the one that I use.... I have a 2x but I hardly ever use it....

cheers, michael

BTW, that Hasselblad above looks awesome ^^^^^^

Back