Your Most Essential Hasselblad Lenses?

Your Most Essential Hasselblad Lenses?

• Total voters
Acquired a 500C/M with a chrome Planar 2.8/80mm T*, a black Planar 3.5/100mm and a chrome Sonnar 4.0/150mm/C lenses a few months back.

I'm getting acquainted with them. Having an Imacon Photo SCSI scanner on an old Mac G4 helps a lot with that. Haven't filled the poll out because not sufficiently informed on what my essential lens will be.

I'm planning on using the 500C/M in a portrait series this year. Twelve portraits of poets in twelve months.

Hasselblad newb here, I've put together a kit with the 60, 100, and 180, hoping they become my wide/normal/tele trinity.

Three of Zeiss's best!

I never said what I use. At present, 40, 50, 60, and 100 are most used. I have the 150, and an 80C Planar, but I use them less than the others. The camera usually comes out of the bag with the 60 or 50 on it. Then I go up or down from there.

I only have an 80 for now so I voted for that. I am lusting for a 150 though as I would like to get tighter shots for portrait :D

You can also consider the 120 for portraits, as it gives you somewhat more flexibility range wise. It is a bit like a 75mm macro on Leica.

You can also consider the 120 for portraits, as it gives you somewhat more flexibility range wise. It is a bit like a 75mm macro on Leica.

Yes, for highly detailed portraits! The 120mm Makro-Planar is so sharp, I would never use it for a portrait of anyone, but especially women, over the age of 18! For any other macro work, it is superb. At infinity, it's just another lens. I traded mine when I saw it was just a little bit soft at infinity. Just a little soft, mind you; only visible in a 16" square print. It's there, though; I saw the softness in three different copies of the 120.

HOW CAN THIS THREAD, WITH THE LAST POST DATED 09/05/15, HAVE RESURRECTED ITSELF TODAY, 03/05/16, WHEN NO ONE HAS POSTED ANYTHING NEW?

Haha I love seeing old threads revive mysteriously. Sometimes it's fun!

Since I last originally posted in this thread I sold my older C type lenses and moved to a 50/80/150 CF setup. I eventually also acquired a 100mm CF which is super impressive but I find that whenever I can be bothered to put down my Leica and use my Hasselblad it's usually with the 80mm.

Even though I like the others quite a bit, it's clear that the 80mm f/2.8 is (for me) the most practical / flexible lens in my kit.

So, I'm selling the 100mm. Even if it is the best lens in the lineup.

nice!

nice!

Hasselblad newb here, I've put together a kit with the 60, 100, and 180, hoping they become my wide/normal/tele trinity.

Mike, back in my 'blad days I had the usual trinity - 50-80-150 -
It's all good but
in retrospect, today I would chose your trinity.
I would need a pair of 500Cs though, 'cause I'd weld that 100 to one of them. :)

The 60 is really handy. You could simplify things a lot with the 60, 110 and a 2x mutar, but you'd need an F body. Hassy lenses are all special, but from what I have used so far the ones that are really outstanding are 38/4.5, 110/2 and 350/4.

I have only the 38mm 4.5 Biogon, and it is therefore my favorite lens for a Hasselblad.

I now own in CF and CFi the 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, 120, 180, 350, 1.4XE.

One of two fave's in action, the 60 CF / 501CM on a assignment this week in a marble quarry. The other fave is the 100 CFi.

Attachments

• Marble_kit.jpg
    Marble_kit.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 0
I have the 50, 80, 150 set plus a 250 that needs shutter repair. I use the 80 and 150 about equally, much less for the other two. If I had to go out with only one lens, it would be the 150 and an extension tube of some undetermined length.

The 120 Makro is the lens that entices me the most these days.

At some point I am going to bite the bullet and swap out my 350mm CF for a 350mm SA, worth it for the digital backs but still a damn expensive lens.

Back